Shadow Play

I'M SO SORRY I HAVEN'T POSTED IN SO LONG! I felt extremely unmotivated, so it took me a while to complete this. I've also just been busy with school, so yea. I hope you can enjoy a new chapter from me.

____________________________________________________________

MK threw his arms in the air, excited as he and his friends sat down on a bleacher. A wide stage was in front of all of them. They were probably one of the only ones there. 

"I'm so excited! I haven't been to the movies in ages!" MK beamed, making Y/N look at him with a confused face. Pigsy leaned over, looking at him. 

"Uh, kid. This ain't a cinema." 

"It's a shadow play, with puppets." Tang explained, leaning over in front of Pigsy. 

"Wha? Puppets? No!" He pulled out a poster of a movie called 'Monkey Cop.' "I thought we were seeing Kung Fu Monkey Cop: The Movie!" 

"Eh, check the back." MK flipped over the poster, before realizing. He groaned, lowering the poster from his face, before he soon recognized the Mayor sitting on one of the far bleachers. 

"Oh, Mei. Isn't that the guy who gave us that weird key?" 

"You mean the magic key that can unlock anything? Yeah, I'm pretty sure that is him, and I'm also pretty sure that he's still not actually the Mayor." The 'Mayor' noticed the bunch and waved to MK and Y/N. He acted like a robot, taking small pauses in his stiff movements. 

"Hello!" He laughed. 

"Eurgh. Well, that's not creepy at all." Tang said, as MK nervously waved back. Y/N looked at the 'Mayor,' before looking back in front of her. For some reason, she still felt as if she was being watched. She resisted the urge to look back at the Mayor to see if he was staring at her. She focused her attention on her friends, making her feel more at ease. 

"Point is, whatever we're watching, you've earned a break, kid." Pigsy said, before Mei added. 

"You have been training super hard. I can't even remember the last time we all just hung out together!" She sighed, contently. She put a hand on his shoulder. "I missed this." 

"So, was Sandy just busy or-" Tang asked, making Y/N shrug in wonder before MK interrupted. 

"What are you talking about? We hang out all the time!" 

"Nuh-uh. girlfriend! It's always Monkey King this or some scary skeleton thing that with you lately!" 

"Well, yeah but-" Tang suddenly brought out checkers from, seemingly nowhere. 

"Just yesterday you blew off checkers night cause' you had to study. Study what, I might ask?!" He threw the checkers at MK's face, making MK stand and flail his arms around. 

"Alright, alright! I get it! It's just, Monkey King said-" He paused, before sitting back down, not looking as enthusiastic. "I just- I need to be ready." 

"Ready for what?" Pigsy didn't have time for his question to be answered as the lights in the theatre dimmed. 

"Shh! It's starting!" 

"Tang, would you-" Tang quickly shushed Pigsy, putting a finger to his lips. Shadows soon sped past the group, making them look at where they went. Suddenly, a hanging shadow puppet emerged on stage from the ceiling. Tang and Pigsy hugged each other in fear. "Tang, what kind of play did you say this was?!" The curtain opened to reveal, the puppeteer. The person held a glowing purple lantern, making Y/N stare at it in wonderment. The puppeteer soon started speaking, shadow in the background show depictions of what he spoke.