Macaque

Time to finally meet the cloak man face to face

Also, Happy New Years!

(The extra was inspired by @Mereeples LMK book called The Lotus Maiden.)

____________________________________________________________

"You know, when I found out I was going to be trained by the Monkey King, Great Sage, Equal to Heaven, I had no idea that I'd be stuck here hammering walls 12 hours a day. Why am I doing this again?" 

Y/N watched as Mk held a large mallet and smashed it against a rock wall. He threw it away once he finished speaking. Monkey King laid on his cloud while MK did the work. 

"Oh, so I can make a nice little breakfast nook. Get some light up in here." 

"But I'm meant to be Monkie Kid, not Construction Boy! How am I supposed to do the hero stuff if I don't know the fighting stuff!?" 

"Oh? So, you want to know the "fighting stuff," huh?" Monkey King stepped off his cloud and swung his staff in his hands before plunging it into the ground. "Like this?" Monkey King's eyes glowed gold as he threw his staff and smashes a hole in the mural. Y/N and MK stared at him and the hole wide eyed. 

"Huh? Whoa. Yes, exactly like that! I am ready for some awesome!" MK pleaded, getting on his knees in front of the sage. 

Monkey King laughed. "Look, bud. You can't rush this stuff. You'll get there. You just need practice." 

"But this isn't practice."

Monkey King groaned at his complaints and turned to look at MK. "I'm never going to teach you something you don't need to know, okay?" MK huffed impatiently. "Okay. Now, this priceless, ancient mural is not going to destroy itself. So, remember: Step into the strike."

MK's phone suddenly rang, as Mei called him. "MK, we really need your help!" 

"A monster attacking the city? That's terrible! Dang. Guess I got to go do some boring hero stuff instead of... this. Okay, bye." MK ran off with Y/N as Monkey King sighed.

{~~❤~~}

MK and Y/N arrived back in Megapolis. 

"What did I miss?" 

"MK! what took you so long?" 

"Sorry, sorry, Monkey King was making me do boring stuff. That the bad guy?" 

They all looked up to see an ominous purple monster looming over the surrounding buildings. 

"Okay. Be right back." He put Y/N next to Mei as he jumped towards the monster. "Here comes!-" 

"No, wait!" 

"-Monkie Kid!" 

MK was thrown back to the ground. Mei and Y/N looked at MK on the ground. 

"Oh, yeah, we tried that." Sandy and Pigsy rested beside MK, defeated. Something dark flied overhead. 

"Is that-" 

"Monkey King?" 

A dark monkey takes out a weapon and swung it around before pointing it at the monster. A purple smoke came from the weapon and wrapped around the monster. The mysterious monkey landed on a rooftop and started walking away once he finished the job. MK quickly climbed the building, Y/N following close behind. 

"Yes. Monkey King!" He fell off the building as Y/N finishes climbing. MK reappeared in front of the unknown monkey. "That was awesome! I can't believe you came back to-" MK looked at him, realizing that they weren't Monkey King. "Oh, this is awkward. You're not Monkey King."