On the Run

"It was then when the Lady Bone Demon played her final move. Even with the combined might of the Monkie Kid and the Monkey King, their all was simply not enough. The villain was victorious, plunging the world into darkness. Now, any chance of hope lies in the hands of a monkey, and a kid who wishes he was a monkey." Tang wrote in his journal, documenting the previous events that happened not too long ago. MK groaned, leaning on the rail on the front of the flying ship. 

"Mr. Tang, would you quit it?" The journal was then suddenly snatched from Tang's hands. His pen fell out of his hands as looked at his empty hands. Tang gasped in astonishment and anger, shaking. Pigsy held his journal with a scowl, looking at the man. 

"You've been reading your diary out loud literally all day. You're bummin' everybody out!" 

"Hey! It's not a diary, I'm writing the next chapter! And very well too, I might add." Y/N looked at Tang weirdly, as he flipped one of the pages that showed a drawing of Tang and Monkey King in a heart. Y/N was sitting next to Monkey King, who was being having the top of his head wrapped in bandages by Mei. Pigsy looked at his hand and realized he's wasn't holding the journal. Monkey King then decided to chime in. 

"Hey, as long as he wrote down that whole bit with me fighting Nezha-" Monkey King held up the scroll in his hand. "-and getting this bad boy, then we're good." He laughed, squirming, making Mei harshly tighten the bandages around his head. Y/N sighed, and rested her head on one of her hands. She hoped Nezha was okay after his fight with Monkey King. She knew he could take a lot, but this was the immortal Sage he fought. 

"I mean, the bit with the omelet thing, pretty cool." MK commented, as Y/N deadpanned at him. 

"Yeah, right? It was totally cool. Ha! Okay-" He opened his arms out. "-gather around, everyone. It's Monkey King story time!" Everyone walked over, and either stood or sat in a small circle in front of him, as he opened the map. Y/N slightly scooted forward to see the map, her eyes scouring over it as the sage spoke. "So, I know what happened back there kinda sucked." 

"Mega sucked." Mei interjected, making Y/N slightly giggle. 

"Mega sucked. But the ol' Great Sage had a trick or two up his sleeve." Pigsy grunted at his statement, looking away. Monkey King looked at him before he was going to continue, but the wind had gotten stronger, jerking the flying ship. The crew were caught off guard, and fell back. 

Y/N fell down, her breath hitching as she fell. She heard the sound of a small clicking and looked behind her. The sound was the spectral konomochi was bouncing toward the railing. She panicked, as crawled towards it, trying to catch it. It kept bouncing between her fingers, getting closer and closer to the railing. It bounced between the railing, falling off the edge, before Y/N caught it just before it fell off the ship. 

The map covered MK's face, before flying off. Fortunately, MK caught it, and the winds had calmed. They place a piece of metal on it this time, making sure it wouldn't fly off again. 

"Yeah, so you said you were looking for a weapon?" MK asked Monkey King. 

"Yup." 

"And? Did you find it?" Pigsy asked. 

"Nope. But this map is gonna help us track it down." He gestured to the map, before looking serious. "It's called the Samadhi Fi-" 

"The Samadhi Fire!" Tang finished his words with a huge smile on his face and stars in his eyes. 

"Yeah, that." His face soon turned serious again. "The most powerful force I've ever seen." 

"Powerful enough to destroy the Lady Bone Demon?"