The Great Wall Race

Another one of my favorite episodes!

____________________________________________________________

'Once a year, this city becomes more than a city. Once a year, these streets become more than streets. This year... the winner... will become... immortal!'

MK and Mei gasped at the tv screen, Y/N looking at it curiously. 

"A Peach of Immortality!" MK beamed. 

"Uh, peach of what now?" Pigsy asked, making MK and Mei start ranting at him for not knowing what the Peaches of Immortality are. Tang cleared his throat, silencing the two. 

"If you'll allow me! Legend says there is a sacred field of trees which grows in the Heavenly Realm, protected by the gods themselves. Every few thousand years, these trees bring forth the Peaches of Immortality. Against the wishes of the Heavenly Host, the Monkey King took them all, making himself immortal!" 

"I thought Monkey King was already immortal?" Y/N asked.

MK looked at her, excited. "You're missing the point! Whoever wins this race will-"

<--------------------------------------------------------------------------->

"-Live forever! A-Are you two even listening?" Redson exclaimed, the racing poster in his hand, as his parents didn't look interested. 

"Uh... something about peaches? Look, your schemes are quaint, but I never much cared for stone fruit." His mother said. 

"But... the peaches are powerful!" 

"Like the Weather Station was powerful? Why don't you just run along, hmm? Can't you see Mommy and Daddy have important business with an ancient power source." She said, as Bull Clones were digging into the ground, a blue glow coming from deeper down. DBK stared at it, but diverted his attention to Redson as he spoke. 

"Fine! You two stay here in your hole digging your 'mysterious power source'." Redson turned around and started walking away while continuing. "I am going to win the race, and when I get that peach, I'm not sharing!" DBK and PIF stared at where he went. 

"Foolish boy. If I were to race, I would crush him!" 

"It would be wrong of us to shatter our son's ambitions. That's far too cruel! Even for demons!" 

Both of them evilly laughed.

{~~❤~~}

"This is huge! Those other racers won't stand a chance!" MK said, watching Mei clean her motorcycle. 

"Right? I know the track like the back of my hand! The back alleys, front alleys, sideway alleys. All the alleys! I was made for this!" 

"Yep! I'm totally gonna win this thing." MK said, making Mei look at him, incredulously. 

"Wait, what? You're not racing. I'm racing. You've watched me trained for months! This should not be a surprise." 

"Oh, yeah, uh, I just thought you were doing that stuff for me." 

Mei looked at him, angrily. 

"But upon reflection, that doesn't make much sense."

 "How would you even-? Ugh! There is no way you'd beat me." 

"Uh, I so too could beat you. I'm a delivery boy, pretty sure I know how to drive real good." MK said, striking a pose. MK and Mei looked at Tang leaving the noodle shop with a small flag, Y/N by his side. "Mr. Tang, who's the better driver? Mei, or me?" He gasped when he noticed the Mei flag Tang had.