To Catch A Leaf

New Chapter! :D

____________________________________________________________

"This is the worst case of hiccups I've ever seen! How'd it happen!?" Pigsy yelled, staring at MK who was sitting on a stool, trying to control his hiccups. Y/N just sat on one of the stools next to Tang, looking at MK with slight worry and concern. 

"Yaaa. So, remember how you told MK not to enter that beef ball-eating contest?" Mei slid over to Pigsy, holding out her phone. 

"Under no circumstances, yeah." Mei then shoved the phone in his face, showing him the picture of MK winning the meatball eating contest. Y/N leaned over to see the picture as well. 

"Five hundred beef balls in five minutes. Yeah, boy!" MK hiccupped through his speech, shaking the noodle shop, before literally flying through the roof of the building. 

"Yeah, we think that might have been cursed." Y/N stared at the picture and saw the purple demon she saw from the Food Wars competition. She was with Yin and Jin, the demon tricksters. Y/N slightly smiled at remembering the two, she would be lying if she said that their antics made her laugh at times. "So good though." MK groaned, before mysteriously appearing on the stool next to Y/N, leaning his head on her shoulder, as he tried to hold his breath. Pigsy facepalmed at him. 

"MK, of all the thoughtless adventure setups you could think of, this one takes the cake." 

"We tried everything. I tried rubbing his belly, giving him a good scare, and hitting all his pressure points! But nothing worked." MK then hiccupped loudly, making Y/N almost fall of her chair, but she luckily grabbed onto the counter before she fell. Mk apologized to her as she rocked her stool forward, putting it back in place. 

"Oh, Mr. Tang, you've gotta know some ancient techniques for, uh, food poisoning curses, right?" Mei said, poking his shoulder with her elbow. 

"Right, Noodle Guy? Huh? Huh?" MK joined in, before the two were pushed away by Sandy appearing in between them. 

'Where? How- You know what, I'm not going to question it anymore.' Y/N thought, looking at Sandy weirdly, but also in curiosity. 

"When I'm not feeling so hot, a special brew of tea perks me right up." MK peeked out from the counter, looking at Sandy. 

"Oh, Sandy is in this one I see." Tang said, before MK hiccupped again, making car alarms go off in the streets. Everyone fell to the ground groaning. 

"Uh, Sandy, something tells me that a bit of loose leaf ain't gonna help us in this particular scenario!" Pigsy said, putting his elbow on the counter. 

"Don't underestimate the power of the tea leaves." Sandy dug his hand in his beard, before pulling out a book. "Besides, I'm not talking about any old tea. I'm talking about the tea made from the leaf of the wild crimson jimson weed. An ancient and powerful flower, said to influence over mortality itself. In the wrong hands, deadly. In the right ones, deadlier!" He slammed his hands on the counter, suspensefully, as Tang and Y/N looked at him weirdly. 

"Uh, we're not trying to kill him, Sandy. We just want to cure his hiccups." 

"Cure, kill. You say potato, I say potato." Y/N continued to stare at him weirdly. They needed MK better, not worse. 

"However, the crimson jimson weed only grows in the Mystic Jungle of the Emerald Lynx. So, who's gonna get it?" Pigsy, Tang, and Y/N looked at each other, before looking back at Sandy. "What? No, no, no, no! I'm strictly a water adventure kind of guy." 

"MK's life is at stake!" Sandy's mood did a whole 180 as Tang finished. His eyes were stars as he spoke determined and confidently. 

"I'll do it, for my friends!" Tang scratched his chin, pondering.