chapter XIII

────────────

────────────

Hyunjin Hwang

It's been two weeks since Felix has been my new assistant, and that after I snapped him for being late I always walk into my office to see it clean and organized. And my breakfast and coffee on the table.

He's been working really hard to prove himself that he can work here. It's not easy being my assistant...

I pack up my things and shut my office door ready to leave when I see Felix by his desk, all the light on the floor is off but his. I walk over to him only to find him sleeping soundly.

I knock his desk and he wakes up, his eyes are half way open "Mr. Hwang? I-Is something wrong?" He asked while yawning and stretching his arms out.

"Yes, your still here." I said as I stared at him, his face goes into realization as he looks at the time on his phone. "Oh, I'm sorry. I must've dozed off for a bit. I'll finish organizing these papers and—"

"There's no need. You can do tomorrow. You must be tired, go home now." I began to walk away when I stopped. I turn back around and look at him, "Did you eat yet?"

"Huh, oh, no-no I'll eat something when I get home." He replies with a breathless laugh. "I'm hungry, and I don't feel like eating by myself tonight. Come with me. My treat." I grin.

"Oh, sure!" He nods.

* * *
We arrive at a BBQ and me and Felix are seated at a table. I noticed Felix kept looking over his shoulder every other minute. It's starting to piss me off.

"What's wrong?" I asked and his focus is on me.

"Huh?"

"Are you being followed or something?"

"What no, why do you think that?" He laughs, I can hear the nervousness in his voice. "You keep looking over your shoulder every five minutes. Are you a criminal? Is there something I don't know about?"

"No, no, of course not! It's just—"

"Hello, welcome to my restaurant!"

Felix Lee

Oh god...that voice. I can see him from the corner of my eye, "Felix? Well I didn't expect to see you here." I heard him chuckle.

My old boss, someone I'd hope to never see him again. I put a fake smile and look at him. "Hello Mr Choi." I greet him. I'm grasping my pants leg under the table; trying my best to not spew out harsh words to him.

Please just go away...

Please...

"You two know each other?" Hyunjin looks at Mr.Choi then at me, "why yes we do. Very well." I felt his eyes on me and I wanted to throw up. "Felix used to work here." He finally says.

"Oh I see." Hyunjin says.

After an agonizing fifteen minutes of ordering our food and it arrives. I grab a utensil to putt the meat on the small grill but Hyunjin takes it from me. "I'll do it." He says.

The hits the grill with a sizzling noise and my nose is filled with the savory flavors. Damn I'm starving.

* * *

It was silent between us while we ate until "I was surprised to see you, Felix." Hyunjin starts. I look up at him wide eyed. He laughs at me. "Aw, you thought I forgot."

"When were you going to tell me?"

"I just wanted see how long our routine as strangers would go on for." He replies pouring So-ju into a shot glass.

"This whole time I thought you completely forgot about me," I scoffed in disbelief as I look down in my lap.

I'm in complete shock he remembers me, a part of me is relived that he remembers but the other part of me is angry that we couldn't have this conversation earlier.

"I hope it's not uncomfortable being my assistant." He says.

No, not uncomfortable at all. I definitely didn't want to strangle you when you dropped a huge folder on my desk telling me to sort—God, I'm sorry, please forgive me for thinking such a heinous thing...

I shake my head no and he smirks.

"Here," he says placing a piece of meat on top of my rice, "You barley ate." He sucks his teeth. "I did eat." I protest.  He puts more into my dish "Eat some more."

I go along with it. I guess he's not always a jerk...

* * *
I excused myself to the washroom to freshen up and when I walk out Mr Choi is standing right in front of me with his arms crossed over his chest. He looks angry but why...?

He grabs me by my shirt and slams me against the wall, I groan at the pain in my back "You! I told not to come back here!"

"Mr Choi, stop!"

"How do you know Hwang Hyunjin, hm?! Answer me!" He shouts I struggle in his grasp.

"Let him go." A voice demands in a dark tone. Hyunjin was looking at the both of us. Mr Choi lets me go holds me up by arms dusting me off trying to play it off. "Oh, there must have been a misunderstanding." He chuckles.

"We were just talking, fooling around." I clear my throat not making eye contact with Hyunjin or the manager.