Chapter XLVI

────────────

────────────

third person pov

As the sunlight began to seep through the white curtains, Hyunjin slowly sat up, careful not to wake Felix as he'd fallen asleep halfway through the movie they were watching last night and he'd snuggled close to Hyunjin. Hyunjin gently nudged Felix's body away from his and slipped off the couch.

Hyunjin got dressed in his regular clothes and when he turned back around to the couch, he was almost taken aback by how beautiful his fiance looked, sleeping peacefully on the couch, the diamond-encrusted ring on his hand was shining in the moonlight. He smiled to himself then leaned and pecked Felix on the cheek.

"I'll be back soon." He whispers. Then Hyunjin left Felix's apartment.

Hyunjin was completely unaware that across the street in a black van, he was being watched. Technically, Felix has been watched ever since Bangchan was notified of Hyunjin's arrival back to Seoul. He's been curious about why Jeongin has been obsessed with getting rid of this person. Bangchan had his henchmen stake out Felix's place—day and night— gathering as much information as they could.

After Bangchan got that call from Simons's phone, he knew that Jisung would tell Hyunjin. He couldn't have that. He needed to get rid of them. Such a shame and an innocent may die because of this, Chan thought, but in reality, he didn't care. It was just a thought. What he truly wanted was Jeongin. Chan enjoyed the time he had with Jeongin, he wasn't ready for it to come to an end.

The henchmen watched Hyunjin get into his car and drive away.

-

Jisung placed a white rose on top of Changbins gravestone just as Hyunjin was beginning to approach him. There was silence as Hyunjin looked at the grave, seeing Changbin's name engraved in the stone. It was hard to believe that he was gone sometimes. There was a moment of silence between them then Han spoke.

"I don't think...Chan...is who we think he is."

Hyunjin looked at Jisung. "What? What do you mean?" Hyunjin scoffed. Jisung took off his black sunglasses, not making eye contact with Hyunjin and only staring down at the ground.

"He answered the phone Hyunjin. He answered Simon's phone." Jisung says as Hyunjin furrowed his brows, he scoffed again and shook his head. "What—no—that can't be true. What would Chan have anything to do with Simon—"

"Simon was dead when I went to his apartment last night. Someone shot him. And when I got ahold of him, there was a number under the Boss, and when the person picked up...it was Chan. It was his voice."  Jisung shudders.

No

It can't be true.

Why would...

Why would Chan be in contact with Simon? The same person who murdered their best friend—their brother?!

Unless...

Hyunjin took a small step back struggling to process the information when Jisung finally looked up with years in his eyes, "I think..." Jisung inhales a shaky breath.

"I think that maybe Chan knew along, who killed Changbin."

Hyunjin cringes holding back tears as well. He had known Chan for years. It couldn't be true. Why? They were all so close.

What happened?

"I think maybe...Chan is responsible for what happened...to our brother." Jisung finishes.

Felix had just finished dressing himself in a pink sweater and blue jeans with Converse. He was going to meet with Seungmin at a cafe. He hadn't seen Seungmin in a while. Ever since that fight with Hyunjin.

He didn't like the way things felt between them. Even Seungmin said that they were OK and that their friendship was still intact. He couldn't help but still, an awkwardness lingering between them.

Felix was surprised to see that Hyunjin was gone when he woke up, he was planning to make the best and fluffiest pancakes in the world for Hyunjin when he woke, so he was a bit disappointed when he read the not Hyunjin left behind.

"I had some business to attend to sweetheart, I'll be back soon."

Felix pouted just thinking about it. Just then there was a knock on his door.

Could that be him? Felix thought as he walked out of the bathroom and towards the front door. Or maybe Seungmin got too impatient? Felix reaches for the doorknob and opens the door.

He was shocked to see four men standing outside his door. All dressed in black, with masks that covered their mouths and nose, and black baseball caps that made it hard to see their eyes.

"He...Hello..." Felix stammered a bit.

"Are you, Lee Felix?" The man in front asked. Felix felt his heart beating faster. Something was off about these people. Felix opened his mouth to speak when that's when he saw it...

a sharp blade attached to his belt. Felix gasped softly as his eyes slightly widened. The man tilted his head slightly, as he stared at Felix, waiting for a response. Felix took a small step back and tried to shut the door but the man wedged his foot in between the door and frame to keep Felix from closing the door. Felix gasped and suddenly the man forcefully swung the door open making Felix stumble and fall on the ground.

Chans' thugs came storming inside Felix's apartment. Felix whimpers and tries to get off the ground when one of the men grabbed.

"Let me go! Let go of me!" Felix screams as he kicks and thrashes.

"Ssh, relax. It'll be over soon." Another man stepped in front of Felix who was being held back by another thug. "No! Let me go!", he sobbed. The man pulled out a syringe and a small bottle of unknown liquid and began to fill the syringe.

"Help!" He cries out. Felix continued to squirm and struggle. Tears streamed down his face as the man approached him. Felix was hyperventilating. Then he felt a sharp pain in his neck.

His vision begins to blur, then everything turns black.