Chapter XXVI

────────────

────────────

Hyunjin Hwang

The prisoner's are getting rowdy, shaking the fences and shouting as Minho and I walk follow a guard to the entrance.

We get the tape and get the hell out of here.

The guard led us to the wardens office, the Warden stood looking out the window and turned around when the guard announced our presence.

"Oh my, Mr. Hwang!" He laughed.

The warden walked over to us and held out his hand for me to shake but I kept my hands in pocket with serious look on my face. I'm here for business and for Changbin. Not to chat like old friends, because we aren't.

"And you are?" The warden asked looking at Minho.

"Detective Lee." Minho replied cleaning his throat and straightening his posture. "Oh, detective..." The warden sighs stuffing his hands in his pocket.

I see the wardens eyes look down at the brief case I held in my hand then back at me with a smirk.

*
We give the plan a few minutes before it's set in motion and Minho is off to the restroom. When Minho leaves the wardens attitude changes.

"You know When I heard your father got into that accident, I said to myself, 'that bastard is finally getting what he deserves'." He chuckled.

The Warden of this prison is very corrupt, known for taking bribes and illegal substances here, and also mistreating the prisoner's here.

I sighed heavily before taking the brief case and slammed it on the coffee table the separated us. The warden looks at me with a smug look. "I'm here for business, not to reminisce about the past."

The warden took the brief case and pulled it closer to him, he opened it and looked up at me. He began laughing, "Wow, I've heard alot of things about this drink." He pulls out the bottle of Rum.

"You have something I want." I spoke causing the warden to focus on me. "Oh, and what might that be?" He cocks his head back, I continue, "Three years ago, there was a big fight that broke out in the cafeteria. Someone got killed."

"I remember but there's not much I can do-"

"The CCTV of that day, give me that."

The warden scoffs at me. "And what would I get in return?"

"I've already given you something." I raise my brow starring at the bottle of rum.

The warden opens it slowly, his eyes widen, he looks at me. "Don't be so surprised, I know this isn't the first time you've received something like this."

It was meth that lied inside that bottle. A good amount of it as well. The warden wips out a pocket knife and scoops some of the meth onto the tip of the knife.

"Let's if it's as good as I heard." He smirked before snorting the drug into his nose. He groans throwing his head back, then he sighs. "You...know how to do business!" He cackled pointing the knife at me.

He then scoops a bit more on the knife but he didn't snort it this time, instead he offered it to me...

"Go on," He nudges. I've never tried any drug like this before, I know it was easy to hooked on. I shake my head and his gaze darkens.

"Take it, and I won't say anything about your friend sneaking into my security office." He grunted.

I let a heavy sigh, I hesitate before reaching for the knife and taking it in my hands.

I snort the white powder in my nose.

I'm hit with a burning and tingling sensation making me drops the knife on the floor. I hear the warden laughing in satisfaction as he watches me struggle trying to process the toxins that is now in my system.

"You've got good stuff." The warden spoke.

I feel my heart pounding in my chest. Minho walks into the office, "Mr. Hwang?' he says looking at me. He nods ate letting me know he got the tape.

The warden looks at Minho then at me, "Get the hell out of house."

3ird pov

"Are okay?" Minho asked Hyunjin, Hyunjin seemed to be very tired after they walked out of the prison. "No, I think I'm high. You drive." Hyunjin grumbled giving Minho his car keys.

In the distance not far from the prison, Hyunjin and Minho were completely unaware that they were being watched.

"Sir, they've just left the prison." A spy spoke in his phone, the spy stood up from his hiding place from behind a bush.

"Prison? Why were that a prison?" Bangchan questions, his eyebrows furrowed. "I'm not sure, I'll send you the information that I've collected so far." The spy replied.

"Alright," Bangchan said before hanging up the phone. Bangchan stood up from his desk, what are you doing at a prison, Hyunjin?

After Changbins death, Bangchan has always had a close eye on Hyunjin, but now that Han is free, knowing he was the closest one to Changbin.

They were a threat...