chapter XVIII

────────────

────────────

Felix Lee

It's late and I'm at my desk thinking about earlier.

"He's just going to do the same to you, he'll break you and when he's done... he's just gonna throw you away, like nothing."

I groan as held my head in my hands. My phone pings with a text message, it's Seungmin, he just got back and he's on his way to see me.

I sigh as I start to pack up my things when I hear someone approach me. "Let me give you a ride." He says softly. "It's fine, I can take the bus." I go to walk past him but he grabs my wrist softly and pulls me back. "Please." He says.

I nod and we leave the building together. We didn't say anything on the way to my place, we only sat in an awkward silence. We reached my house and Hyunjin followed me to my door.

"You didn't have to come up with me." I said,

"I wanted to talk to you before you went inside."

"There's not much to say—"

"Don't, don't that." He shakes his head. I drop my shoulders and look at him. "What Jeongin said...that wasn't true, He was just drunk and miserable because I broke up with him."

I look down. "Your last assistant...did you also have sexual relations with them?" I asked, my chest is tightening. He looks down and sighs. "Yes," he said.

I felt scared for a moment thinking that what Jeongin is actually true... "Okay." I said, I twist the door knob to enter my house when he stops me. "So that's it?" He says.

"Hey Felix!" I heard and excited voice shout. Both Hyunjin and I turn to see Seungmin walking up the steps. "Hey,"  I respond with a smile. Hyunjin looks at Seungmin then back at me.

"Oh, you didn't tell me you had a guest." Seungmin says as he stood next to Hyunjin, I hesitate before speaking, "Hyunjin Hwang." Hyunjin says with a small smile as he held out his hand. Seungmin looks at me then at Hyunjin, he shakes his hand "Seungmin Kim."

"Seungmin Kim? As in the actual rockstar?" Hyunjin laughs in surprise, Seungmin nods with a chuckle. "I was just giving Felix a ride home." Hyunjin says.

"Ah, I see." Seungmin nods.

"I guess I should get going." Hyunjin says walking down the steps. "I'll see you at work tomorrow, Mr. Lee?" Hyunjin looks at me "Yeah," I replied.

When Hyunjin is out of sight, Seungmin looks at me. "That's him?" He scoffed. "Yeah, thats him."

"I thought he would be...older?" Seungmin laughs.

"Oh, is that for me?" I giggled try to look in the pink bag Seungmin has in his hands. He pulls away and I pout. "No, No, not yet." He says.