Chapter 1: The Shining Beacon

"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past. Wisdom is of the future."

Y/N P.O.V.

I'm in the Vale Airship with my bags and see a tall blonde girl with purple eyes crushing the air out of an adorable girl with red-tinted hair, silver eyes, and a red cloak. I'm sitting and wondering what the hell is the point of the blonde's cowlick sitting on top of her head.

The blonde squeezes the silver-eyed girl in a hug.

"Oh, I can't believe my baby sister is going to Beacon with me! This is the best day ever!"

The smaller one gasps and struggles in her grip.

"Yang. Please stop."

Yang looks down at her with a sisterly smile. That must be Ruby she's hugging then.

"But I'm so proud of you!" Ruby looks down, sheepish.

"Really Sis, it was nothing." Yang releases Ruby and looks down at her more.

"What do you mean? It was incredible! Everyone at Beacon is going to think you're the bee's knees!" Ruby gestures to her knees as she emphasizes her embarrassment.

"I don't want to be the 'bee's knees', okay? I don't want to be any kind of knees! I just want to be a normal girl with normal knees." Yang giggles and looks down to Ruby.

"What's with you? Aren't you excited?"

"Of course I'm excited... I just... I got moved ahead two years. I don't want people to think I'm special or anything." Yang ruffles Ruby's hair.

"But you are special."

Our attention is drawn to the newscast on Vale News Network playing nearby, talking about the robbery and showing a mug shot of the man with orange hair as the journalist speaks, "The robbery was led by nefarious criminal Roman Torchwick, who continues to evade authorities. If you have any information on his whereabouts, please contact the Vale Police Department. Back to you Lisa."

The mugshot changes to a woman with lavender hair, with a photo of faunus demonstrators holding signs saying 'WE ARE NOT ANIMALS!' followed by an image of the logo of a growling red wolf's head with three scratch marks. The symbol of the White Fang.

"Thank you Cyril. In other news, this Saturday's Faunus Civil Rights protest turned dark when members of the White Fang disrupted the ceremony. The once peaceful organization has now disrupted..." The newsfeed is cut off by a hologram of a woman with blonde hair and emerald green eyes.

"Hello and welcome to Beacon!" Yang questions the hologram, "Who's that?" The woman introduces herself, "My name is Glynda Goodwitch." Yang gets her question answered and just answers with an 'oh'. Goodwitch continues to address everyone.

"You are among a privileged few who have received the honor of being selected to attend this prestigious academy! Our world is experiencing an incredible time of peace, and as future Huntsmen and Huntresses, it is your duty to uphold it. You have demonstrated the courage needed for such a task, and now it is our turn to provide you with the knowledge and the training to protect our world."

Ruby and Yang walk to the window as everyone admires the view, just as the airship is about to fly over a lake. Ruby almost jumps.

"Wow! You can see Signal from up here! I guess home isn't too far after all!"

I decide it's best not to approach at this moment. And in actuality, I'm not sure if it was impressive for Ruby to be moved up two years early, but it's too early to tell. I believe there may be some ulterior motive for accepting Ruby, but it's only a suspicion. I suspect it may have something to do with her eyes since not many have silver orbs.