Chapter 30: No End in Sight

Third Person P.O.V.

In the Vault under Beacon, only flashes of green and vermilion are illuminated in the darkness as Ozpin and Cinder clash weapons against each other.

After a clash, Cinder slides back, using her hand to melt the floor below her, and summons ice crystals from the newly-formed substance, hurling them towards Ozpin. Ozpin deflects them all by moving at superhuman speed, and then darts forward and delivers a bunch of strikes at Cinder with his cane, with the last blow launching her back.

Cinder floats mid air by unleashing her Maiden power. Ozpin then slams his cane into the floor, forming a spherical force-field around him. Cinder then unleashes a powerful fire blast, with Ozpin leaping into the attack with the barrier protecting him. As he closes in on her...

============================================================

To the docks outside of Beacon. Air buses are picking up the last few civilians and students. Port and Oobleck oversee the evacuation.

"That's it! Everybody on board! This is a mandatory evacuation!"

"A safe zone has been established in Vale! Please, remain calm and listen to Atlas personnel!"

Weiss stares at what is in front of her, in disbelief. As Ruby comes running down the path, Zwei barks to alert Weiss to her leader's presence, and Weiss turns around to greet her.

"Ruby!"

"Oh, I found you!"

"Ruby, where have you-"

"Don't worry, I'm fine! What's going on?" Unsure of what to say, Weiss lowers her gaze sadly. "Weiss? What is it?"

Weiss steps aside, giving Ruby a clear view of Blake and Yang lying on the ground with Neo sitting by them. Both girls have bandages wrapped around their wounds, and the latter is unconscious. Behind them sit Nora, Ren, and Jaune who are too battered and bruised to fight. Blake reaches over and places her hand on Yang's.

"I'm sorry." She gets tears in her eyes. Ruby reaches out and opens her mouth to say something, but in her emotional state, she doesn't know what to say. Blake curls up, closing her eyes. "I'm so sorry."

"Yang..."

Neo gets up and looks up to Ruby. She spots Roman's hat and she forms tears in her eyes.

Ruby looks down and hands the hat to her.

"I tried to save him. I'm so sorry."

Nora gets up.

"Y/N and Pyrrha are still missing." Nora attempts to stand, but she quickly sits back down, groaning and holding her side.

"What!?"

Sun looks up in the sky.

"Look, guys, that giant Grimm is circling the school! Even the White Fang are pulling out! We all have to go, now!"

"We're not... leaving!" Ren stands up, but then falls to his knees. "Ugh!"

Velvet turns in Coco's grasp and casts a worried look at Blake. Ruby turns to the school.

"I'll find them... I'll find them, and I'll bring them back."

"No! We will find them." Weiss turns to Nora, Jaune, and Ren. "Watch after Blake and Yang. We'll be back."

Ruby and Weiss run back toward Beacon Academy, while Sun watches them go.

"You better be! Idiots."

============================================================