Chapter 18: Search and Destroy

"The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

Oobleck P.O.V.

After Team RWBY recovers from their shock, Weiss widens her eyes.

"Professor Oobleck?"

I talk fast as I pace around the students.

"Yes, I'm afraid those bags won't be necessary, seeing as you've opted to shadow a Huntsman on what is now essentially a reconnaissance mission. I can assure you, we will not be establishing a single base of operations; rather, we will be traversing several miles of hazardous wasteland and making camp in any defendable locations we may stumble upon. I packed all of our essentials myself, plotted our air course, and readied the airship And... it's Doctor Oobleck. I didn't earn the PhD for fun, thank you very much!"

Weiss looks over at Blake, who is equally disturbed.

"Uh..."

"Come now children; according to my schedule, we are already three minutes behind! ...schedule!"

I zip off to the airship docked farther ahead in a second.

Y/N P.O.V.

Ruby is positive and upbeat. "Well, alright, then! Looks like we're going to save the world with Doctor Oooobleck-" She gets disappointed. "-okay yeah when you say it out loud it sounds worse."

I smile and wave my hand.

"Relax. Doctor Oobleck certainly has more experience than us. So we should be fine with him."

"Save the world?" Team RWBY and I turn around to see Nora, the rest of Team JNPR, and Neo approaching. "You're going on world-saving missions without us? I'm hurt... sad! Maybe a little hungry? That last one's not your fault, though, Ren..."

Ren, for his part, simply crosses his arms and turns away. Jaune smiles.

"Sounds exciting. Where ya going?" Ruby smiles as well.

"Oh, just outside the kingdom..."

Nora bolts up. "Hey! So are we!"

Pyrrha explains, "Ren and Nora wanted to shadow the sheriff of a nearby village."

Ren confirms, "We set out tomorrow."

"Then you can party with us tonight!" Neptune says this as he, Sage, Scarlet, and Sun approach us. "We're shadowing a crime specialist. All inner-city detective stuff. We get junior badges."

Jaune is awestruck as Sun explains what Neptune means. "We normally go to the city with you guys, which means stuff's always exploding and junk, so we thought this might be a better way to check out the kingdom when it's, you know... normal."

Ruby rubs the side of her arm.

"Well-"

Oobleck appears from the airship to call to Team RWBY and I, Team RWBY embarrassed while I'm looking forward to this mission:

"Four minutes, everyone!"

He goes back inside as our friends smile awkwardly. Ruby waves.

"Well, uh... Wish us luck!"

With that, our friends disband, either back to Beacon or towards their mission.

============================================================

Team RWBY, Oobleck, and I are in an airship flying over buildings and streets amid deafening turbines.

Yang questions Oobleck:

RWBY: The Resonant Rōnin (Discontinued)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें