Chapter 6: Jaunedice

"If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together."

Glynda P.O.V.

Just before the bell rings, I see Y/N, Team RWBY, Team JNPR, and Team CFVY enter the class. I climb onto the stage and begin the class.

After a good amount of sparring between the students, I turn to everyone as they sit on their seats above the level of the sparring floor. Cardin points at Jaune and smirks.

"I challenge Jaune Arc."

I nod and they both change.

Not even a minute after the fight started, as usual...

Cardin has his mace, The Executioner, perched on his shoulder and Jaune is opposite of him with Crocea Mors drawn, leaning on his weapon, exhausted, in the spotlight shining on the auditorium stage.

He looks at Cardin, who laughs at his opponent's tiredness, and Jaune gathers his strength to charge forward and swing his blade at Cardin, only for him to jump out of the way. Jaune looks back, surprised, as The Executioner sends Jaune's shield and himself flying back. Now only armed with his sword, Jaune continues to try and attack, but is blocked by the mace's hilt. Their weapons locked, Cardin forces himself up, towering over Jaune.

"This is the part where you lose."

"Over my dead-!"

Jaune is cut short as Cardin knees him in the gut, making Jaune drop his sword and fall to the ground in pain. Cardin raises his mace and is about to slam it down on Jaune until the buzzer rings, the lights come back on, and I call for him to stop.

"Mr. Winchester, that's enough!"

He relents and walks away as I come onto the stage, tapping my tablet. While Jaune still lays on the floor in defeat and Pyrrha looks sad and Y/N glares at Cardin, I turn my head to look at Jaune as he pulls out a smaller tablet with his low, blinking stats and that of his entire team.

"Mr. Arc, it's been weeks now. Please try to refer to your scroll during combat. Gauging your Aura will help you decide when it's appropriate to attack, or when it is better to move to a more... defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowolf, now, would we?" I hear Cardin snicker.

"Speak for yourself..."

I turn to Cardin and sternly shake my head as he relents.

"Now. We have time for one last fight before class ends. Any volunteers?" Cardin raises his hand again with no one else doing so as I turn to him. "Pick your opponent."

Cardin turns to Y/N and smirks as I roll my eyes.

"Him."

Y/N snickers, then turning to laughter as he smirks.

"Very well. But how about we raise the stakes to make things more fair..." Cardin raises an eyebrow with a smirk as Y/N taps his chin. "How about you and your team against me?"

Cardin laughs as everyone gasps and I look at Y/N in curiosity.

"Oh we got a tough guy now huh?"

Y/N smiles and tilts his head in amusement.

"Like you've picked someone you've shown respect." Cardin scowls. "I am more than what you see."

Y/N and the rest of Cardin's team go to the locker rooms and get changed into their weapons and combat/casual gear. Y/N stands opposite of Team CRDL with only a scabbarded blunt wooden sword on his hip as they step to the floor. I press the button on my tablet to record the fight.