Chapter 26: Fall

Ozpin P.O.V.

I'm seated behind my desk across from Pyrrha, as the last rays of twilight come through the clock-decorated windows.

I chuckle as I gesture to her, The Long Memory resting at my side.

"Well, it comes as no surprise that you've chosen to let Y/N move on to the final round of the Tournament. Your performance was exemplary."

Pyrrha nods humbly.

"Thank you, Professor Ozpin, but we would never have made it this far without my teammates."

Qrow leans from his spot on a pillar.

"Personally, I think it's the other way around."

Pyrrha turns around and gets up from her chair, trying to be formal.

"I'm sorry, but I don't believe we've been introduced."

Qrow is still rather hostile.

"Name's Qrow."

I gesture to him.

"Qrow is a trusted colleague of mine."

Pyrrha looks at Qrow for another moment before addressing me again, "Professor, if you don't mind me asking, why have you called me here?"

"Please, take a seat. What is your favorite fairy tale?"

Pyrrha is confused.

"I'm... sorry?"

"Fairy tales, stories from your childhood. Surely you must remember some of them."

Pyrrha is put off by the question, but answers with nostalgia, "Well, there's The Tale of The Two Brothers, The Shallow Sea, The Girl in the Tower..."

I lean back forward.

"What about The Story of the Seasons?"

"Well, of course!"

She looks away in remembrance.

"A callous old man, who refuses to leave his home, is visited by four traveling sisters. The first understands his reclusive nature and urges him to use his time in solitude to reflect and meditate. The second brings him fruits and flowers, tending to his crops and revitalizing his garden. The third warms the man's heart, convincing him to step outside and embrace the world around him. And the fourth and final sister begs him to look at all that he has, and be thankful. In return for their kindness, the man grants the maidens incredible powers, so that they may continue to help others all over the world. They graciously accept, and promise to share their gifts with the people of Remnant 'til the end of days. Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall; the four maidens. My mother loves that story."

"Would you believe me if I told you that one's been around since I was a boy?" Pyrrha laughs.

"You're not that old, Professor." I turn from playful to deadly serious.

"Well, would you believe me if I told you it was true?" Pyrrha is silent for a moment, then gives an uneasy chuckle.

"I beg your pardon?"

"What if I were to tell you that there were four maidens existing in this world, that could wield such tremendous power, without Dust?"

Pyrrha is trying to make sense of this.

"You mean... like a Semblance?" I give a small smile.

"Like Magic." Pyrrha looks down.

"I..." Qrow chuckles as he takes a swig of his flask.