Chapter 27: Destiny

Third Person P.O.V.

Emerald is distressed, calling out, "Please, somebody help him!" Paramedics come over with a stretcher, lowering it to Mercury. "Can you do something!?"

There is a rip in the leg of Mercury's pants, and skin and blood are visible through the rip.

The paramedic exchanges a glance with his coworker.

"We need to get this boy to a hospital. Grab a blanket."

They get Mercury on the stretcher and rush him off, Emerald following right behind. Neo looks on with a horrified expression, her pink and brown eyes now almost colorless. She points at Mercury and turns to the guards.

Atlas Security Guards lifting their guns higher in response.

"Stow it! You've already caused enough of a scene!"

Meanwhile, Emerald runs alongside the two paramedics as they come across an open door with a woman in the same outfit inside.

"Here! We've got an ambulance ready to go!"

Later, the back door closes on the emergency airship they loaded Mercury in.

The paramedic sighs, then talks with the 'other paramedic', "Hope they'll be okay. That girl won't leave his side."

Cinder nods under the white cap with a red cross she's wearing.

"We'll take good care of both of them."

The transport flies away from the Colosseum, and Mercury is lying on a cargo box in the back, still moaning and crying beside Emerald sitting next to him.

"Oh doc, tell me, will I ever walk again?" He receives a punch in the arm from Emerald, looking at her as he rubs the sore spot he actually got hurt from. "Ow! What's your deal!?"

Emerald groans as she puts a hand up to her forehead.

"Ugh, headache. One mind I can handle, but two is a stretch."

Cinder calls back to them from the co-pilot's seat.

"Well, you all performed marvelously, driver included."

The 'driver', wearing a similar uniform as Cinder, blinks her yellow eyes and nods in silent gratitude.

As the airship continues to fly away, Mercury asks, "So, you think it worked?"

============================================================

Y/N P.O.V.

My mom and I are in the living room of my dojo watching the TV static cutting to the Vale News Network with the combined kingdoms' symbol and a caption reading 'Tournament Tragedy'.

"A terrible tragedy took place this afternoon in the one-on-one rounds of the Vytal Festival Tournament-" Mom clicks the remote to change the channel to see a Haven Tourist out in the streets. "I don't know what Beacon's Headmaster is teaching his students, but that was disgraceful! Completely uncalled for!" TV static switches the channel to video of several Grimm – Goliaths, Ursai, Boarbatusks, Nevermores, and Beowolves– running across Mountain Glenn towards the city. "Despite Atlesian reinforcements, local authorities are still calling on any available Huntsman to aid in suppressing the spike in Grimm activity."

I place my hand on my head and let out a tear as mom hugs me and I hug back.

We walk to the outside of Team RWBY's dorm with two Atlesian Knight-200's guarding the room. We hear Ironwood in the room.

"I'm sorry, but you've left us with no choice." We walk inside to see Yang angrily replying.

"But she was attacked!" Ironwood starts pacing around the room, not looking at her.