Chapter 55: Enter Argus

Third Person P.O.V.

In the Vault under Haven, London stares at the door that once guarded the Relic of Knowledge; the door itself is now a stone wall since the Relic has been taken out.

"Now you understand." Charugna is sitting on a boulder, flicking her dagger and changing its form. "I've got to get the Relic before it can be secured in Atlas. It's the only way we can accomplish our goal." London looks back at Charugna as she sighs. "You're not the only one who wants Y/N and Ruby dead. But unfortunately, my master does not feel the same way for the latter..." London smirks.

"Maybe there's a loophole. You've been instructed not to kill him, but I don't work under Salem."

Charugna's dagger disintegrates and she stands up to walk towards London.

"Help me get to Atlas, help me find them... and the rest is up to you, London."

London holds out her hand as Charugna nods with a smirk and they both shake, sealing the deal.

============================================================

"But I wasn't... I went into hiding soon after."

Maria finishes her story to Y/N, Team RWBY, Qrow, and Oscar, who all have wide-eyed expressions. Qrow is astounded.

"I can't believe it. You... You're The Grimm Reaper, you were a legend! And then you disappeared..."

Oscar asks, "How exactly does a legend just disappear?"

"You never used your name, never showed your face. Lots of us thought you were just layin' low. Eventually, we just came to accept that you were probably dead. But the stories about you, I based my weapon off of yours. I wanted to be as good as the Grimm Reaper."

Maria says, "Well, I'm nothing but a disappointment, so you're well on your way."

Blake asks, "How can you say that?"

"A Huntress is supposed to protect others to the bitter end. But after I lost my eyes, I only ever looked after myself. Even after my surgery, I was too afraid to fight. Afraid someone would find me again, finish what the others started. You shouldn't aspire to be like me, especially when some of you are clearly stronger already." Upon hearing this, Yang looks down sadly. "It's... comforting, seeing that your generation seems up to the task of inheriting this world. I'm just sorry I didn't do more to leave it in better shape."

Ruby shrugs and says, "Well, maybe you can do something now. Teach me to use my powers the way you did."

As Maria looks back at Ruby, a Scroll rings as Y/N stops his bike and pulls his Scroll out and gasps in excitement.

"It's Coco!"

Yang stops her bike, looking back in surprise. Everyone says 'Huh?' as Y/N answers the call.

"Moshi moshi?"

"Y/N! Oh, thank you! I've been checking my Scroll for your signal since we made it to the city!"

Y/N looks to his Scroll, at the little signal symbol under Coco's portrait, watching it get better as he points his Scroll toward the road ahead. The group sees a hill where the snow ends. Yang proceeds forward to drive them up the hill as Y/N drives by Yang's side. At the top of the hill, the group sees the walled city in the distance along the ocean.

Y/N smiles.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Argus."

============================================================

At the entrance to the city of Argus, Yang inputs a code, '4-5-8', to lock Bumblebee, Soulfire, and the trailer in a garage. Y/N, Team RWBY, Qrow, Oscar, and Maria take the time to admire their surroundings. Through the crowd, Nora zooms in.