Chapter 35: Voyage in Tranquility

Blake P.O.V.

Seagulls call as the ship moves over peaceful blue waters. Passengers are strolling across both the upper and mid decks.

Y/N, Velvet (still in her cast), and I rest our hands on the rail and stare out at the ocean.

I blink and look over my right shoulder, somewhat startled. Two kids laugh over a joke. I smile and turn to look back at the ocean.

Y/N and Velvet look at me as they both put their hands on my shoulders as I reach up for the ribbon on my cat ears. I'm hesitant, but Y/N smiles at me and I follow through.

The two kids run behind me laughing and I gasp, not expecting the noise behind me. I turn and blink at Y/N, resetting my calm.

"Mmm." I hold the ribbon out over the railing. "Won't be needing this."

I let go and we watch the ribbon swirl in the air once before landing on the water. I turn and walk away as Y/N and Velvet follow me inside.

Y/N turns to Velvet and smiles.

"Tonight should be when you can take off the cast, Cinnabon." Velvet smiles.

============================================================

Third Person P.O.V.

It is dusk, and the boat continues its journey on the smooth water.

There is still peaceful bird cry, and Y/N, Velvet, and Blake are once again on the middle deck looking out at the ocean.

A Faunus couple walk behind them and Blake watches them, slightly less twitchy than before, as Y/N gets twitchy and unnerved as he notices the dorsal fins of a giant sea creature momentarily surface. Blake and Velvet don't spot the fin, but they feel the boat rocking on the wave it created and let out a grunt as they try to keep their balance. The creature's long-necked shadow looms over Y/N, Velvet, and Blake as Y/N turns Blake and Velvet around to face the water. Its shadow also falls on a member of the crew on duty in the crow's nest, who is looking up at it in horror.

"RED ALERT!!" The alert immediately sounds. Two red lights next to a speaker pulse with the sound.

The Captain and his First Mate come running out and look at the water from the upper deck, just above Y/N and Blake. The Captain murmurs as the shadow falls over him.

"By the gods..."

"A Sea Feilong." Y/N's eyes widen as he spots a pattern of glowing red lines along the scales of its neck, and its eyes glow yellow. The Grimm swings its head back and forth, roaring and spreading its short forearms outward. "Velvet, get to the deck. Let us handle this."

The Captain turns and calls out to his crew, "All hands to battle stations!"

The First Mate responds, "Sir, we've never fought a Grimm this big!"

The Captain responds, "We've never seen something this big! But we'll give 'er a fight nonetheless!"

Y/N and Blake look at each other and form a look of determination and Blake takes out Gambol Shroud as Y/N takes out Starlight, deploys the yumi bow mode, and loads a fire arrow. Blake nods at Y/N and springs into action, running off the boat and into the air.

Blake creates one of her clones to give her added upward momentum, flinging Gambol Shroud forward in its kusarigama form. Attached to the ribbon on her wrist, it embeds itself into the Grimm's neck. She swings above the Grimm and shoots it in the back of its neck. It roars as Blake lands on the crow's nest while Y/N is looking for an easy target. The Captain steers from the bridge and keeps the ship stabilized in the Grimm's wake and steps outside next to Velvet to get another look at it. Blake still shoots it while it arcs back into the water. The side of the ship opens up and the cannons come out.