Chapter 14: Extracurricular

"Sometimes rejection in life is redirection."

Pyrrha P.O.V.

I gear up in the locker room. As I walk out of the locker room, I see Cardin and his team.

I step up to the stage as they nod to each other.

They all rush at me and I somersault over them as they spread out. I dash towards Cardin with my xiphos and he blocks it with his mace, but I slash him on his chest, causing him to be pushed back. I shift my sword into its shotgun form and fire a shot at Cardin, causing him to hold his gut in pain.

I shift Miló into its javelin form and Dove tries to slash me with his sword. I parry it and slash at his knees, but he jumps back.

Russel and Sky surround me as I shift my weapon into sword form front and back and I slash at Russel, causing him to lift his daggers up to block and he's pushed back. I swing at Sky's halberd and shift my weapon to javelin form as he's pushed back as well.

Russel runs at me and slashes as I block his daggers with my javelin, then quickly switch to rifle function and fire to force him down on the ground.

I spot Cardin walking at me with a growl and I flip Miló into my hand to shift it to javelin form. I hit the hilt of his mace and lift my shield to block his weapon. I then hit his hilt back with my javelin, then spin said javelin in my hands and dash at him, hitting him down to kneel on the ground on one knee.

I jump over him and drop down on him to stab him, but he looks up and rolls back. I fire my javelin at Dove, but he hits it back. As my javelin drops, I swiftly grab it and sweep Dove's legs, knocking him down.

I then move to fire my rifle function at Sky, but he blocks with his halberd and I block his halberd with my shield, then twirl and hit his halberd with my javelin. As he's pushed back, I spin my javelin and swiftly switch it to rifle form as he blocks with his halberd again, but I slash him and thrust, sending him flying by Cardin as he looks to his comrade.

I run at Cardin and fight with his mace, then block it again with my shield. Cardin lifts his mace overhead and I jump out of the way as he swings, firing an explosion with debris flying up. He hits my shield, sending me skidding back.

Sky spins his halberd and swings down, but I flip over it, then swirl as Cardin runs over to me and hits my shield. I backflip and swipe Sky's legs and I cartwheel back as Cardin slams his mace down. I run at him and roll over his back as he ducks and I throw my shield at his face to hit him back, then ricocheting to Sky's face as he's knocked down again. As Sky is about to get up, I jump over him to catch my shield and slam my heels down onto his back.

I lift my head to see Cardin getting back to his feet and Russel and Dove running at me. I thrust my shield at Russel's gut, throwing him back as I switch my weapon to xiphos form. I slash at Dove as he parries and duck under the swing of his sword, then duel with him for a split second before kicking him into the air, screaming.

Cardin leaps at me from above and I jump back as he slams his mace down. I turn my sword into its shotgun form and fire at Cardin, but Russel jumps in front, not realizing it's a shotgun as he tries to block the pellets, causing him to get shot down to red as he just realizes his mistake.

Dove runs at me and I block the swings of sword with parries and with my shield, then jump back as Cardin dashes at me and slams his mace down. I cartwheel back and shift my weapon into rifle form and fire several rounds at him, but he blocks them with his mace. He runs at me and swings, but I duck and jump up to knee his face. He swings again, but I block with my shield yet again and slash against the hilt of his mace. He tries to thrust his mace at my head, but I duck and use my shield to hit his mace up to throw him off balance and kick his gut.