Chapter 48: The More, the Merrier

Third Person P.O.V.

The full moon illuminates the night sky above Haven Academy.

On the school grounds, Qrow and M/N take the lead as the currently present members of Team RWBY, Pyrrha, Nora, Coco, Neo, Cinder, and Oscar follow close behind. Ruby stops and looks up to admire Haven's CCT tower, before following the rest of the group to a nearby building. Neo and Cinder stay behind as everyone looks in confusion. Cinder looks up.

"Neo and I will stay outside. I got a call from Y/N saying that he, Blake, and Velvet are bringing militants from Menagerie soon. So we will hide and when the moment is right, Neo will fire a flare to alert them." Coco smirks.

"Best of luck to you two."

Neo smiles and skips to go up to the top of the buildings and Cinder jumps up as the rest look on.

They enter the building and are greeted by Lionheart, who is standing on a terrace at the top of the stairs that is being held up by a statue of a woman in chains.

Lionheart asks nervously, "Why hello. Thank you for... coming. There... seems to be more of you than last time. Heh heh..."

Qrow and the rest of the group stop to look up at Lionheart.

"Eh, you know what they say, 'The more the merrier'. So what's going on with the council?" Lionheart raises an eyebrow.

"Why... did you bring your weapons?" M/N raises an eyebrow with a scowl.

"What? Leo, we're Huntsmen. You okay?"

"Of course! Of course, sorry. Just haven't had my evening coffee." Qrow sighs.

"Look, it's nice to see you, but we got work to do. Are we getting support from the council or not?"

While the two talk, Yang notices from the corner of her eye a black bird perched on a balcony railing.

"Mom?"

Everyone's attention is turned to the bird. It flies away just as M/N shoots at it with Holy Requiem, but she misses. The bird flies down behind Lionheart, transforming into Raven, donning her mask. Everyone glares at her. Ruby growls.

"Raven..." Nora's eyes widen.

"They... they really are magic..." Raven takes her mask off.

"If you're going to shoot me, shoot me. That was insulting." Qrow's eyes widen.

"What are you doing here?!" Raven walks down the stairs.

"I could ask you the same thing. You've been scheming, little brother. Planning to attack your own sister."

"Leo... what have you done?!" Lionheart pulls at his collar.

"I..." Raven gestures to Leo.

"Leo did what any sane person would in his position - he looked at all the information he had in front of him, assessed the situation, and made a choice. And it seems you all have too." M/N snarls with a scowl.

"That's not sane at all! Lionheart, did you intentionally send every Huntsman in Mistral to their deaths!? For what!? To save your own tail!?" Qrow is livid.

"You have the Spring Maiden!" Raven smirks.

"I do."

"Then hand her over and let's work together! We can beat Salem!"

"All that time spent spying for Ozpin and you still have no idea what you're dealing with. There is no beating Salem!" Ruby steps up.

"You're wrong! We've done things that most people would call impossible, and I know the only reason we were able to do it is because we didn't do it alone! We had people to teach us, people to help us, we had each other. Work with us. At least I know we'll have a better chance if we try together. Please."