Chapter 15: Inner Demons

"Reality is never as bad as a nightmare, as the mental tortures we inflict on ourselves..."

Y/N P.O.V.

I'm in the dojo and taking a nap against the tree.

Flashback

As I was in Montréal in a dorm, I walked outside at night to the dance just to observe as my ex-girlfriend cruelly revealed that she had cheated on me a day before the dance.

I hung out in the back as my friends were just dancing with their partners. I took a sip of water, then left after an hour.

After walking outside, I let out a sigh, then notice I haven't seen Clarisse anywhere at the dance. I assumed she was just not interested since she was about as reserved as I was.

I went up to the river and rested my arm on the fence. I look out to the river and the city across, but felt a hand on my shoulder.

"H-hey." I turned around to see Clarisse. "Je t'ai vu à la danse. Vous êtes parti tôt et vous n'aviez pas de partenaire. Moi non plus." (I saw you at the dance. You left early and you did not have a partner. Neither do I). Clarisse held her hands out with a blush and a nervous smile. "Je t'aime depuis un moment maintenant. Comme n'est pas le bon mot. Je t'aime Y/N. Voulez-vous danser avec moi?" (I've liked you for a while now. Like is not the right word. I love you Y/N. Would you like to dance with me?)

I smiled and took her hands.

"Comme n'est pas le bon mot, Clarisse. Je t'aime aussi." (Like is not the right word, Clarisse. I love you too)

Clarisse giggled and we started to waltz by the river in the night under the moonlight so pale, then a kiss began our relationship.

Flashback end

I slightly smile a bit, then frown as I continue with my dream.

Flashback

After a Valentine's Day morning of being verbally abused and yelled at by Clarisse in our apartment in the morning for the coffee being a degree too cold, I went shopping for some chocolates since she loved those, and I was desperate for her approval.

Since the summer, she has been distant, defensive, hesitant to be intimate, our sex life crashed and burned, only consisting of quickies and coercing me into sessions since I wanted to stay with her, and I felt like shit. I haven't even heard an 'I love you' from her ever since it began.

I went back to our apartment and I walked in with the heart-shaped box of chocolates in my hand. But Clarisse was nowhere to be seen. I heard moaning across the hall. I gulped and the sounds became deafening.

I slowly approached the door and slightly push it open, then see Clarisse naked riding my enemy, Jones. They didn't even have the decency to do it under the covers.

Jones was 6'2 and was from Jackson, Mississippi in the United States. He was a spiteful and envious boy.

Clarisse was moaning louder than she did with me since the maltreatment began.

Then they both started insulting me as they roughly kissed. Clarisse even called me 'small' after Jones talked dirty to her to encourage her to insult me.

"I'm not small at all... And why HIM of all people?! What does that backstabbing piece of shit have that I don't?"

As Jones pushed Clarisse on the bed and they made out with Jones having closed eyes of ecstasy, I skulked into the room and quietly packed my stuff, then left without making a scene as they announced their 'love' for each other and their climaxes.