Strong as you Ch.4

"Come on don't give up baby girl. Please, I'm so sorry. Daddy will never leave you alone again" I muttered in her ear. I rocked her softly listening to the monitors beeping. Memories came folding back. It kept getting faster and faster. Then to my relief, it started to slow. Meaning her heart was returning back to normal. I just sit there every one gathered around watching me.

(Cherokee P.O.V)

I groaned waking up. My heart was still pounding. I couldn't help but cough up some blood right onto daddy's shirt. Daddy wiped it off of my face. The light of the day was seemed so bright. So I flinched away from it burying my face into my daddy's shirt. He rocked me softly. Everyone was still gathered around. Daddy let out a sigh of relief as he held me.

"Daddy I'm thirsty and my heart is hurting," I said coughing. That is all I could manage to say. He reached over and grabbed some water. He handed it to me. I guzzled the whole bottle in one drink. He chuckled everyone let a sigh of relief out. Dale knelt down in front of me.

"You give us a scare ." he shook his head and went back to his stand on the RV. I just giggled at him. I could tell daddy didn't mind him as much like the others. The man seemed nice and kind. Daddy picked me up and put me on a bed in the RV. It felt safe there and warm. He gave motion for Lori to wait for him. He kissed my forehead softly pulling the covers up over me.

"Now listen Cherokee Daddy needs to go find Uncle Merle. You need to stay here. Don't leave this RV till your heart calms down. Then stay in sight of Dale Understood." He said in a stern voice but caring voice. I nodded and hugged him softly. He pats my head "Be strong my Little redneck flower." He walked out I heard him talking. Before the group back in the truck and left. As I watched them leave I felt tried. So snuggled up and slept. Forgetting about what just happen and remembering

*dream/flashback*

"You see that river and dark we run for it deal Cherokee," River explained pointing out to the old miners' river that ran by the orphanage. I chuckled and nodded. She stood on her bed putting her fedora on and her hand over her heart. "Today is the day Cherokee and the great Sarah shall escape this place and return to the hillbillies in the woods."

"HEY, I said Merle is the only hillbilly daddy isn't he's smart." I chuckled protest. She flopped down leaning on me still glaring out the window. The 12-year-old was so full of life and hope for a home. I grew to love her spunk. She gives me a life in this terrible place. Even if she was a year younger then me.

"do you really think your dads going to win the case?" she asked.

"I know he is and then he'll adopt you to and we cant shoot bows together," I explained I hugged her smiling. We would get out of this together.

*End of dream*

The warm light woke me as the sun beamed through the window. It's now maybe noon. I sit up and huffed. I wanted teddy but I don't want to be a crybaby. I also knew I couldn't go all the way back to daddies tent. I honestly don't know if I want to it's too much of a chance. I looked out the window at a man tied to a tree. I got up moving closer to the window to look at him. I fell to the ground as my head was still spinning. Lori walked in and help me back on the bed. SHe had a kind smile but off about her.

"Hey, you need to stay here. You got to get strong before you can go outside. Okay." She said. with a gentle smile. 

"Who is that...and why is he tied?" I asked my voice cracking terrible.

"That's Jim he needs to cool off. How about I brush your hair and we hang in here?" She asked I smiled and nodded. She took a sit behind me and brushed my hair softly. That lasted for a while but soon I got bored. I was able to walk without falling down by then. So I grabbed my medical stuff and went to my dad's tent. Cautiously of course.  I put everything back in my bag. I saw dad had some extra bows. I took two and grabbed my bow. I throw my backpack on and went to back to Dale.

"Can you come with me to the lake, Please?" I asked my voice clearing up.

"I can't sweetie I need to keep watch." He said. I huffed and sat down on the steps. I looked around plopping back.

"Hey, Dale what do you call them the things? I call them eaters. The other group I meet called them bitters." I said looking at the sky.

"Well we first called the Geeks I guess we're calling them walkers. now" He said with a chuckle. The day past fast but daddy didn't come home. It was dark everyone was sitting by the fire. I wasn't though. I was still looking down the road fiddling my bow. Daddy handmade the bow himself or well painted just for me. It was black with a Rose going up it and my nickname on it. I had pink arrows and now two black ones. I loved this thing daddy was going to teach me to hunt. I heard every laughing but something was off to me. After being so alone I knew one thing things can never get happy. it was to quiet then I heard a scream behind me.  I turned jumping just to be knocked to the ground by a walker. I fell back knocking the breath out of me. I held it at bay by its shoulder as I fiddled around with an arrow I had dropped.  Finally, I grabbed one stabbing it through the head. I looked up to see one got Amy, and there was more coming. I wanted to feel bad for her but I couldn't. By now everyone was up and trying to help. I grabbed my bow and ran into the woods. I was so scared. I just wanted to run and run. Itwo stumbled in front of me stopping me. I pulled my bow making two quick shots. Retrieving my arrows from them as one fell on me from out of nowhere. I groaned and kicked it off. I stumbled back heart racing. I was still weak and it was starting to show. I grabbed my bow and fired blood splattered on my face and clothes. Making me scream I curled under a tree crying. I wanted my Daddy and Merle. I had found them and now. I was going to die her hopeless. Hours past slowly as a gunfire rang from camp as the sun came up. I saw smoke raise from camp. I stood up I felt a sharp pain in my arm. I looked at it it was two long cuts. I must have cut myself on the tree or an arrow. I reached down taking the bandage off my foot. Then I put it on my arm and walked back to camp. I ran like a coward hopefully they don't hate me. I heard Daddy and Crazy Sheriff calling my name.

"I'm here Daddy," I called but my voice was still soft. He must have heard because he came running up. He held me tight. Then he noticed the bandages and I saw the worry in his eyes.

"Baby girl please don't tell me your bite." He said with worry now in his voice. He sat me down.

"No Daddy I got scared so I ran and hide in a tree. I was scratched by a branch. I'm sorry I know I should have helped but I was scared." I said and shook my head. What kind of Dixon I am.

"Its ok-" he started to say.

"It's not okay YOU WERE THERE YOU COULD HAVE SAVED HER. YOU LEFT HER YOU JUST LEFT HER." Andrea screamed. I started to shake. That girl was.. her sister. Dale came up and hugged her. She just broke down crying. in his arms. I looked at her then to daddy still shaking.

"Don't listen to her your just a kid." Daddy said trying to hug me. I pulled away and clenched my fist.

"She's right I could have saved her. I'm not a kid. I can't be in this world. I wasn't even a Dixon. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Why can't I be strong like you Daddy?" I started to cry. Daddy pulled me into a hug. She would still be here. Sarah would still be here.

"Shhh." He comforted me. All was quiet that day. No one really spoke just cried or worried about tomorrow. Rick came up with the plan to go to this place the CDC. Everyone began to think was scratched by a walker. They won't stop talking behind my back. I can hear them even when they don't think I can. I had a nightmare about Amy last night. Andrea had tried to kill me twice in the past day. Now we were on the road. I'm starting to think it was a walker scratch. I have been feeling weird. I think I'm getting sick. I'm scared I don't want to turn on daddy.