What happened Ch.8

(Daryl P.O.V)

I was walking back with the rest. I wish I hadn't let Cherokee Rose go with them. I had just got her back. It seems like I can't keep near me anymore. I was ready to kill Andrea. That dumb bitch had hurt my little girl. I promised to keep her safe as much as I can. I lead the way back. My thoughts racing. I almost didn't hear Andrea scream. I turned face reading my bow as I tried to see the problem. She had fallen behind us. We ran back to see a walker on top of her. I got the bow ready so I could help her. When a girl rode up on a horse with another horse tied behind her. She knocked the walker off of Andrea. I couldn't help but stare. Who the hell is this bitch? I grabbed my bow watching.

"I'm looking for Daryl and Lori." She said with a bit of worry in her voice. I walked forward bow ready in case. My gut suddenly twisted in a knot

"Who the hell asking?" I asked hiding the worry in my voice.

"Its Cherokee and Carl their shot get on." She responded. I didn't wait I jumped on the horse behind her untieing it. Lori jumped on the horse with her. We took off.  I followed but wished to race ahead if just knew where. She told the others an address before leaving. We rode up to a farm Lori hoped off. I hopped off the still slightly moving horse. The girl took the horse to a barn. I looked around as Shane walked on the porch.

"What happened is Carl okay?" Lori asked concerned. Rick hesitated to look at me. I wanted to find My little girl.

"I'm sorry man. Your daughter took the big hit. She must have seen the gun and tried to get Carl out of the way. It hit her side and a bit of it hit Carl. Ottis was trying to hit a deer but it went through it." Rick explained. My heart started to pound. Enough talking.

"Where is she tell me now!" I growled.

"Inside but she's out cold. I'll show you where she is man." Rick explained. Rick lead me up the stairs. I stayed behind. Shane walked out and stopped Rick

"Why are you wasting your time on a dumbass redneck. Do us all the favor and put the bitch down." Shane muttered.

"You did not just call my little girl a bitch. Put her down? Why don't I put your ass down?" I growled pushing him backward. Straight off the porch, he was standing on. He shot forward tackling me off the porch into the dirt. I got up throwing two punches blacking both his eyes. He tried getting up but oh hell no. I tackled him to the ground before Rick broke us up.

"We don't need this Shane. So just Shut Up Man. Daryl just go inside to Cherokee." Rick explained and we got up. I heard Cherokee scream in pain. I ran inside followed by them. I saw an old man digging into her side. A woman held Cherokee down as she thrashed in the bed. Rick grabbed me holding me back. I tried to free myself from them.

"DADDY DADDY TELL HIM TO STOP IT HURTS IT HURTS DADDY!!" Cherokee screamed at me. tears streaming down her face.

"STOP YOUR KILLING HER PLEASE STOP." I cried out tears streamed down my face. Cherokee past out. I've seen her through her worst moment. She has been in soo much pain before. Even though she had never been through this much.

"She's just passed out from pain. That was just one there's three more. If we want to keep them both alive we need blood and fast. Oh, I'm Hershal you must be her dad." The old man said wiping his hands. I felt anger toward him. But he's trying to help right.

"Her blood type is O+ it's rare. I don't know anyone that has it. Wait what do you mean both alive." I asked confused.

"I expected you knew. She's pregnant. The baby is fine but the loss of blood can affect it.  Along with other factors like a fever and infection. But We need that blood now the others we deal with as it comes. Umm, can I ask you how old is she." Hershal explained. I looked shocked and shook my head. I couldn't think How... Who... 

"She's.....14 turning 15 tomorrow...... She can't be... How.." I mutter stumbled back. I walked to the porch and sit there. How did this happen? I watched her. Who's the dad? Was it before I found her. Was it Ed or... This can't be Fuck I promised to her. I'm the worst fucking dad alive. I put my head in my hands and sighed. I had failed now... Lori walked out and sit beside me.

"I know someone that had that blood but I'm not sure she will help. Andrea has the same blood type. I was thinking maybe it's best we get rid of the child. She's just a little girl Daryl. She probably doesn't know. She won't even know how to take of one." Lori said rubbing my back. I watch as a truck sped off. "Shane and Ottis are going to get some stuff Hershal needs." She explained. Then it hit me. What did this bitch just say to me? I stood up in angry.

"You know what you little BITCH. It's up to my daughter if she keeps it. Oh and for information Andrea will not have a choice." I said storming back in and sit down beside Cherokee holding her hand. She had changed so much from a kid. Now she was adult. My little flower is blooming

*Flashback*

"Okay Cherokee time for school me and uncle Merle is going hunting. You want me to make you some deer jerky right" I asked Cherokee as I packed her lunch. Her little hair bow popped from under her bandana. She was turning five and growing up to fast.

"Daddy daddy wait I wanna go, please. You promise to take me hunting. I want to kill a deer. Today is my birthday." Cherokee begged.

"Well I guess but I think you'll need this first," I said reaching up grabbing a present from a top shelf. Her face lit up as she opens it. She looked so happy when she noticed it was a crossbow with her nickname craved in it.

*end of Flashback*

I heard her start gasping. I shot up in my sit. I grabbed her setting her up. She started to throw up blood and a lot of it. Hold on my baby girl.