Broken arms and fixed hearts Ch.11

I sit in the bed as Hershal wrapped my arm. He keeps saying "I'm lucky Maggie was out there." I wasn't really paying him attion. I was still thinking about earlier. I had lost my angry. I was just a little confused and alot scaried. The last thing I wanted to do is talk to daddy. That's why I was happy. When Hershal told everyone to leave so I could rest.

I couldn't believe this. I wanted to tell daddy so bad but...but... I just couldn't risk it. What if Shane could hurt him or what is Shanes Carl. I buried my face in the pillow crying. I just don't know what to do. I was so confused. I hears a creak in the floor. I looked up to see Carl. He sit beside me and gentle wiped my tears away. He was always so kind. I hadn't heard him come in.

"I knocked but you didn't answer. Then I heard you crying so.... I came in. What's wrong?" He asked looking at me. I broke down and hugged him. He was the second guy I knew I could trust. He hugged me back.

"I'm so scaried. I over heard daddy talking about something and.....Can you keep a secret? I asked him. He smiled and nodded. "I'm pregnant." He looked utter shocked. For minute he confused too. Then he put his hand on my shoulder.

"Listen Cherokee your the tuffs meanest and bravest girl I know. You and Daryl can get through anything. I believe you with a kid. Well you'll be the best mother. "he said with a smile.

"Really you believe so." I asked. He smiled and nodded. I hugged him again and he hugged me back. "Thank you Carl."

"I need to get some sleep. So can help find Sophia in the morning ." He said getting up.

"Umm.. Carl what happened.. To Sophia.?" I asked looking down.

"A herd if walkers came through and she got scared and ran into the woods. We'll find her." He explained. I nodded and let him leave. I looked down at the bandages.

"Stupid horse" I growled under my breathe. I laid back. I slept all night and half into the afternoon. I woke up yarning walking up. Daddy was sitting in the seat. He put a bottle beside the bed with a beautiful flower.

"Wow its so pretty." I smiled looking at it then Daddy.

"Its a Cherokee Rose." He said with a smile. Wow the flower with my name. I could tell he was still thinking on how to tell me.

"Daddy I over heard you and Hershal. That's why I was in the barn. I was scaried I'm not now....but... Do you think I'll be a good mother?" I asked. He looked like he was about to faint. He took a breathe and pushed my hair out of my face.

"You'll be the best Redneck flower." He said. Before kissing my for head. I smiled up at him.

"Now promise me no messing with the horses. If you just keep getting hurt. I won't know what to do with you girl." He chuckled ruffling my hair. " I have to go help go Rick. You stay in the house and get a bite to eat. You offending for two now." He said before kissing my head again and walking out. I sit up and yawned. Then it hit me I was still in the baggie white shirt and pants. I got to my feet looking around. I smiled when I saw daddy left my clothes on the chair. I shut the doors and slide out of the clothes. I pulled on my blue jeans and navy blue shirt. Then the leather jacket. I was happy it didn't smell dead anymore. The house was quiet. I walked out of the small room. Hmm some ones gotta be around her. My dad said for me not to go outside. He said nothing about the house. I walked to the kitchen and fixed me a glass of water.

"Hmm I wonder what's in here." I said to myself. I started to look through the fridge. I found a loaf of bread and some kind of homemade jam. Good enough for now. I spread some of the jam on the bread. I closed the fridge. I took a bite. This taste great.

"I'm glad your helping yourself." A girl with blonde hair said. I had never seen her before. I jumped almost dropping my food. I swallowed the bite I had. I looked up at her.

"Umm I was hoping... no one minded." I stuttered. I looked down embarrassed. She giggled and walked to the sink. I watched her. She grabbed a rag and wet it. She walked over and wiped my face.

"We don't mind but you had it everywhere." She giggled. I blushed dark red from embarrassed ment. "My names Beth you must be Cherokee the one who got shot then stomp on by Nessie." She said.

"Yeah that's me. I'm pron to getting hurt. Nice to meet you Beth." I smiled happily.

"Beth can you help me dear." Hershal called from down the hall.

"Yeah I'll be right there dad! I got to go talk to you later." Beth said walking away. I finished my sandwich. Hmm I want to go see the one who broke my arm. I have to be sneaky. Daddy wants me to stay in but I just wanted to see the horse. I went to the back door. It was clear. I sneaked out to the barn. I peeked in to see Glen talking with Maggie. The China man is funny and sweetie. What where they tal..... My eyes widen when Glen pulled Maggie into a kiss. I stumpled back. I started to fall I caught myself with my bad arm. I screamed in pain and rolled to my back cradling my arm.