Sickness Ch.5

I climbed out of the RV when we can to a stop. We stood in front of a huge glass building. I couldn't marvel at it. It wasn't as shiny as it would have been clean. It was still nice though.I got my crossbow and bag. I was feeling worse than before. As I stepped out I nearly fell to the ground in pain. I was burning up yet I felt so cold. I had been that way the hole ride Jacquie had been helping me. I begged her to tell no one. I didn't want to be a bother. I will get better in a few days. Daddy ran to me picking me up. I hadn't told him anything either.

"You okay baby girl?" He asked. He picked me up in his arms. That's when he felt how hot I was. "You're burning up." His voice was worried. 

"I don't feel well but I'll be okay in a few days. Please don't leave me." I said and shivered softly as blew past us.

"Why would you say that I wouldn't leave you?" He asked looking at me worried.

"You left Jim. He was sick. I would slow yall down and.." I said looking up at him. He was about to say something. When we heard Rick banging on the door and a voice comes through. No one had noticed us that was good I guess. He carried me up there still worried but needing to see what was going on. He stood me up beside him. I stood wobbly hiding behind him. Mostly using him for support and windshield. I watch the crazy sheriff talk to the door.

"We have women children. Please, I know you're in there." Shane starts dragging Rick away. Rick starts screaming, " YOUR KILLING US! YOUR KILLING US!" Walkers start closing in and as we were about to leave the door opens and a bright light shines out. A light of modern times. I light we had all missed. They smiled and ran inside the building. I tried to follow but fell. I groaned as the others left me. Daddy mumbled something under his breath about them. He gently grabbed me helping me in. The door closed behind us. As a man approached with a gun.

"What do you want?" The man asked watching carefully.

Rick replies, "A chance."

He frowns, "That's asking for a lot these days, but admission cost is a blood test."
We all nodded. Strange but it's not too much. I was still hiding from him and the others. He started taking blood. I stayed away hoping he didn't see me. I hated needles and he wasn't going to see what's in my body. It's my business. Andrea went and afterward, when he was done she stood up but fell into Jacquie's arms.

The guy asks, "What's wrong with her?"

Jacquie replies, "She hasn't had food in days. None of us have."

"Well, you can get food after I get her blood." The guy motion to me. I growled at him stepping back.

"I rather be outside with the walkers. So take that needle and stab yourself in the eye, Mister." I growled clutching my fist. Everyone had to stare at me like I was crazy. Daddy turned to me with an almost surprised look like the others.

"Baby I know you hate needles but its just a little blood. Please do it for me." Daddy said. I wanted to give in but my fear was too much. 

"No, I'm sorry I refuse to this little lab rat he can go fuck himself," I yelled and crossed arms.

"When did you learn to talk like that. Then I'm sorry you need rest and this is your best bet." He said and grabbed me from behind. I squealed and kicked him. I was never as strong as him and I sure wasn't right now. He held me still as the guy got blood.  From the loss of blood and wearing my self out I ended up passing out in daddy's arms. I woke up strapped to a bed. My eyes was fuzzy. I knew something had happened.  Next thing I know I saw daddy punch the man in the face. He opens the door and locked it. He unstrapped my arms as tears started running down his face. He hugged me type. I looked down to see my arm was swollen where the scratch was. It hurt so bad.

"Daddy what's going on. I'm scared." I muttered hugging him tightly.

"It's okay My little Redneck Flower. Edwin Jenner said he found the infection in your system. Your infected but don't worry you're going to be okay. Daddy will be here. I'm not leaving." He said tears. I hugged him back. No, it cant be. I just found my daddy I'm supposed to be happy.

"Then I'm not scared daddy because I got you." I smiled. I was never scared because he was beside me. Plus he needed to feel better too.

"That's my girl. How about I get you a bite to eat." He asked me. He grabbed his bandana and whipped his face. I grabbed mine and did the same. Huh like father like daughter. He chuckled and ruffled my hair.

"Yeah I would like that," I replied sitting up gently running my hand over the scratch.

"Okay, I'll be right back." He said with a smile and walked away. I sit there watching as he left. I dozed off well I guess I did. Everything was so hazy. I woke with Shane sitting in a chair with two bottles of whiskey. I sit up staring at him. He had the look of anger and just insanity.