I'm not a little a girl Ch.10

(Cherokee P.O.V)

I groan sitting up in bed. Daddy was asleep with his head on it. I looked around the small room. A bit of light streamed in from a window. I had no idea where I was at but daddy was here. So I'm safe. I felt the pain in my side. I looked down to notice I was wearing a white shirt that had a spot of blood. It hit me. I was shot. Oh Fudge......

"D-Daddy" I mutter in the verge of tears. He woke up in a blink of an eye. He took me into his arms holding me close. I don't know why I was crying. I just felt my world stumble. Yes i had nearly died three times but I WAS SHOT. I just hugged daddy tight.

"Shhh... Redneck Flower Daddy's here. Your going to be okay. Don't worry." Daddy said comforting me. I pushed him away.

"NO IT'S NOT!!" I yelled. He looked at me shocked. "Just stop saying that. I'm not stupid Dad. Nothing is ever fine." I explained. I wiped my face scouting away. He was speechless looking at me. "Your always telling people to man up. But you keep telling me every thing is fine. I've face it dad. One day I'm going to die. I'm prepared to not wake up tomorrow. Or to go for a walk and get tore limb by limb. It hurts me more that you can get infected but i can't. I don't like this world. But you can't change it." I explained. He stood up walking toward the door. He reach down for the door and stopped.

"Baby girl, I've faced it too but I'm not ready to lose my Redneck Flower. After I just got her back. I'll be back. We need to talk. " He said before walking out. I sniffed. I loved daddy so much. I couldn't wrap my thoughts around what he said. The last time I heard that was.....after my third surgery.  I shook my head to push the thought away. I throw my feet over the bed letting them dangle. My daddy is the strongest man I know. Its hard to see him cry or fall to his knees to pray. He has done both for me. Merle nearly give up drugs for me. So many people has went over and bound to help me. Maybe I'm not ment to be save. I looked around for my bag. I give up after not finding it. I felt my stomach twist. I rushed out the door looking for a restroom. Finally I found one and lost what food I had. A girl walked in and held my hair back.

"Hey sweetie, I'm glad your up. We made food after this you need to eat. You've been out a week." She said with a calm but country voice.

"Food is last thing on my mind." I groaned. She smiled softly. She had short brown hair. "Who are you?" I asked.

"Maggie, come on I think that's all that can come up for now." She said helping me to my feet. I stood up but surely enough more came up. After a while she helped me clean up. Why was she helping me. She helped me through the hallway to the kitchen. We walked in and a old man with a white beard was talking with daddy.Maggie sir me at the table. The man said something about stage one.

"Daddy I'm sorry about...." He stopped me med sentence.

"It's okay sweetie but we need to talk." He said in a serious tone. He never used that tone. Well unless I did something. Maggie put a sandwich in front of me and juice. I smiled and started to eating. My dad stopped me and sit beside me holding my hand. "You know you can tell daddy anything right?" He asked.

"Yes daddy." I said with a confused look. That is one thing daddy never asked. Why now? I was starting to get scared.

"Sweetie I know someone......touched you like grandpa but....did. Please tell me who." He said looking me in the eyes. I pulled away. I shook my head no. I remember what he said he would do if I spoke. I put my hand on my throut. He had became rougher. I blacked out the last time. My dad has handled him before I knew I could tell. Why was this so hard....

"Daddy.. I'm sorry.......I can't tell you." I said crying into my hands. He held me tight.

"Shhh.. Its okay you don't have to but can you promise me you'll tell me if he does it again. Please I want to keep you safe." He said.

"I promise daddy." I hugged him tight. He patted my back. He covered my eyes. He give a soft chuckle. When he removed my hand there was three cupcakes in front of me. Oh fudge I forgot didn't I. I guess I lost count of days.

"Happy birthday Cherokee. Did you think I forgot or something? He asked.

"No I forgot." I giggled and grabbed one. I took a bite it was the first real sweet thing I had in weeks or months. I don't know any more. After I finishedy food and drink. My dizziness left and my sickness left. My dad showed me around the new camp. I fell twice before my dad carried me the rest if the time. I couldn't help but laugh when he tossed me over his shoulder.

I missed the times like this. I missed my fun loving dad. Who once beat up a guy for taking my seat at the movies and restaurant and fair. Okay he's done that a lot. Anyone made me cry they better fear my Daddy. The old man which I found out name was Hershal. Wanted me to stay inside and get more rest. So I ended up going back inside around noonish and waking around seven. Wow I forgot how much I missed sleep and beds and food. Okay I miss a lot of things. Well I'm only 12 in aloud to. Or if Lori. I don't get when she became boss. Last I check it was Crazy Sheriff. My crazy sleeping pattern for a week. I can tell daddy's hidding something. I stretched in bed. I swung my feet over the bed. I tiptoe over to the door and peaked out.

Good no one maybe I can for a walk. I went to the front door and cracked it. I saw Daddy and Hershal. They were talking and I heard my name.

"What am I going to do Hershal. I don't even think she knows what pregnant is." Daddy said buring his face in his hand.

"Cherokee was her name right. If she doesn't its best you tell her then let her go clueless.Maybe the girls can help." Hershal said. My eyes widen. They weren't saying what I thought they were saying. I can't be no no. I did know what that meant. I can't be can I. I ran to the back door and ran to the horse barn. I went to a horse named Nessie. I walked into her stall. I slowly started to stroke her mane. She started to freak out. I tried to calm her but she reared up knocking me back into the door. She paced the floor back and fourth. The second time pacing. She stepped on my arm I heard the snap and I'm sure everyone heard my scream.