Time To Change Ch.7

I rolled on my back in the RV.
We had been on the road for along time. Well, one day to be correct. This RV is so small. I just want to be on my dad's bike but he said I was too young. I'm not even sure where we are heading. Daddy has been kinda watching over me more and Crazy Sheriff been looking at me like an enemy. I don't know what I did. Every time I see Shane he turns the other way. Even Dale has been looking at me weird. He hadn't talked to me the whole ride.
Lori has been giving me the cold shoulder. I really don't care what she thinks though. She seemed nice but she gave off my weird vibe. She should be gratefully I single handily saved Carl. Andrea still blames me for Amy death. I don't know what's with everyone. It makes me wonder what happened in the room. The RV came to a stop. Dale got out along with Andrea. I looked out the window seeing everyone gathered. I sighed grabbing my crossbow and backpack. I thought about just staying inside the RV. Everyone seems to hate me maybe I should stay away. In the end, I needed to stretch so I climbed out. I looked ahead to see the road was blocked. Well isn't this great. I felt a cold stare on me. I turn and saw the all mighty Lori staring. I growled under my breath. I had enough. I climbed on top of a car and stood up. I crossed my arms. Everyone turned to me. Daddy walked over.

"Sweetie get down now is not the time to play." He said reaching out to help me off.

"I'm not fucking playing. I'm tired of being looked at like everyone hates me. What did I do wrong?" I screamed. Everyone just turned their look to the ground. Andrea clinched her fist and walked toward me.

"How does it feel to be able to survive bite? While we suffer in pain.  Having to watch over our shoulder to make sure we don't get a bite. Your so FUCKING STUPID YOU DESERVE TO DIE JUST LIKE YOU LET MY SISTER DIE." Andrea growled. I looked shocked tears streamed down my cheek. I guess I was asking for that. I just bit my lip and jumped down. At least I know now. Daddy put his hand on my shoulder. I pushed his it away and ran off into the woods. I ran and ran only stopping when I came to a church. Wow who knew this could be in the middle of no where. I open the door and walked in. I had been there with a foster family once not this one but a church. Well before I egged their car. I was not going to settle for a fake family. Only my daddy. I sighed looking at the man on the cross. The church looked untouched by the whole thing. It was peaceful. I wiped my face. I looked around. I finally turned my gaze to my dress that was now spotted with dirt. I growled at myself. I looked terrible. 

I was like this church. Still clueless to what's happening in the world. I walked back through the small church. I came to a room that had a small bin with clothes. It read clothes food and drinks for the needy. Well I'm needy. I started to look through the clothes. I pulled out a pair blue jeans my size. I smiled and laid them to the side. I went through it finding a blue shirt and a Chicago beanie. I didn't understand why everyone used to like them. They are cute. I grabbed them and walked to the bathroom. For a church this far away it has to have water from a well and generator. I walked in the bathroom and turned the faucet on. Hot water steamed out. I set the clothes down and my bag. I grabbed some paper towels and started to wash up. I then slipped off my dress and put on the clothes. My brown hair had faded and gotten straighter. I found a brush and brushed it. I had enough of being a stupid little girl. It's time to grow up. I will always be daddy's little redneck flower but I'm tired of being pushed over. I didn't do anything but survive. I walked back to the room. I pack the little food that was there along with the few water bottles. I pushed my bandana into my back pocket. Then it hit me I don't know my way back. I want my dad really bad. I need to grow up I survived months on my own I can do it again.  I jumped hearing a bell go off. 

I started to walk off when I saw four walkers. Three were sitting in the rows. The fourth a little girl was in the hallway. Have they been there the entire time and I didn't notice? I stumbled back into the room as the fourth walked toward me. I ready my bow as it came in view I fired. It went through its head. I caught it before it could make a noise. I laid her down softly on the ground. I looked at her decomposed face. My stomach twisted and turned throwing up. I looked at her in disgust. I crawled overtaking her leather jacket off. Thank you sorry I had to kill you. I didn't need to freeze. I heard gunshots making me jump. Then someone screaming about a girl being dead. That voice was unmistakable it was Shane. The very annoying Shane. what girl were they talking about? I walked out to see Glen Lori and Carol sitting down. Then I saw Daddy kicking the ground pissed. Carol' a nice old lady, walked over and hugged him.

"We will find them both safe," Carol said with a kind voice. I walked out sure to shut the door behind me. Daddy looked up shocked before running to me. He picked me up swinging me around.

"Hey, daddy," I muttered softly hugging him. "I'm okay just needed to think."

"Hey, baby girl you had me scared. Where did you get the clothes?" He asked almost surprised.

"It was in the bin for needy and I'm pretty needy. I thought I need a new look and I needed time to think." I mumbled hoping he wasn't mad. I knew mostly he was scared. I didn't mean to do that to him. Everything was just bothering me.

"I thought I told you not to worry what dumb bitches think." He scolded me. He sat me down. When Rick called to us. I growled softly I wasn't ready to forgive for the cold treatment. I got the past few days. Rick looked at me surprised. He knelt down and hugged me. I wanted to be mad but his heart was in the right place. I guess.

"Glad to see your back," Rick said with a smile before standing back up.

"Did you miss me, Crazy Sheriff?" I giggled. He shook his head with a small smile. I looked over seeing Andrea and Shane. I turned my look to the ground.

"Okay, I want Daryl to lead Andrea, Carol, Carl, Cherokee, and Lori back. Glen, you go with them. I and Shane will continue the search for Sophia." Rick demanded. My heart drops what. What had I missed? I want to find her. My friend.

"Dad I want to help find her. I would know where she would be." Carl said. Rick put his hand on his shoulder. Rick nodded yes. I didn't know what happened but I want to help my friend.

"I want to help. Please, I got my bow I can help find her." I said looking at them.

"Fine but let's get going before it gets dark," Rick said. I give daddy my bag. He kisses my for head before letting me go. We ran off one way and they ran off another way. We walked through the woods for awhile. I stayed back walking next to Carl. We stopped when a deer crossed our path. Carl's face lit up at how close we were. I guess they're not that afraid of humans anymore. He walked closer. I felt it in my gut and heard it the silence before the storm. My senses enhanced then slightest noise. The noise of a gun loading. I knew someone was aiming for the deer. I ran to Carl as the gun fired. All I remember is I can't let anyone else down. I pushed him to the ground a little too hard. But... I had done it. I stood there shocked and in pain.  Carl stared at me from the ground a managed a smile...Before collapsing on the ground next to him.