Cradle and a shot gun Ch.15

I coughed as my lungs started to allow my air to pass. I looked up to him trembling. Is this really the way I end walkers food. To think if not I would be taking care of that things child. Now it's not seeming that bad. My cheek started to swell. A tear stinged my face. No not this time I'm not begging for my life. I'm a Dixon not a Grimes. I heard a gun click behind him. He spun around to face Maggie and a shotgun.

"Cherokee you okay?" Maggie asked. I nodded yes. She slowly walked around Shane and helped me up. "Out now Shane and wait till my dad hears about this." She said motioning for him to climb down. He growled and left she knelt at my side.

"Thank....you...Maggie." I said. She smiled and helped me up. Then she helped me down the leader. I leaned against the barn looking up at the blue sky scattered with clouds. I had to get it off my chest. That the demon was his."Can you keep a secret?"

"What is it?" She answered. I kicked the dust. How could I tell her. I really wanted to tell daddy first. I turned my gaze to the ground. She knelt down to my leval. She put a gentle had on me she stared me in the eyes. "You can tell me anything your like a sister." She said kindly.

"Shane's.......the dad." I mumbled. She gasped her hands clasped her mouth. Her look turned to complete anger. "Please don't tell daddy. I want to when I think it's right." I whispered.

"Do you know why?" She asked.

"He was mad at Lori and he's never liked me really." I sighed. She hugged me and I hugged her back. Maggie was always so kind to me.

"Come on lets get back before your dad gets back." She said reaching for my hand. I smiled and took it following her to the camp. I felt my stomach turning in pain.

"I need to sit down." I mumbled nearly falling. Maggie looked worried.

"Let's get you in the house. You need to lay down." Maggie sounded concerned. I stumbled with her. She helped me up the stairs. I feel again on the stairs. I could feel her getting even more scaried for me. As she helped me in the room the pain felt sufacating. She got me a glass of water. "I'm going to find my dad. Okay?" She said.

I nodded, "I'll be fine right here." I explain with a fake smile. The pain was getting bad. I started to have to breathe deeper. We nearly jumped out of our skin when we heard screaming and gun shots. She raced out. I felt as if I could breathe. "Please hurry." I muttered to myself.

(Maggie's P.O.V.)

I ran toward the sound. It was the barn. Shit they didn't. I ran down the path. Dad was sitting on the ground near a walker. The barn was empty. Carol was on her knees crying.
I had to keep my mind on track.
I walked over and gently place a hand on dad. Then looked over at the others.

"I want you off of my farm!" My dad said standing up. I gulped it made what's going on with Cherokee worse. Almost like on key I heard Cherokee screamed. Dad looked up toward the house. I helped him to his feet.

"I think she's..." I started but was cut off by my dad hustling off. Daryl took off running for the house.

vote now should she have a girl or boy