1 An idea

Damian POV

"Alright. Yes... I'll see what I can do... No, I'll come alone... Okay... See you then." I heard someone say as I came around the corner.

It was Ellie. I saw her end the call annoyed and then lean her head against the wall. I had no idea what her phone call was about, but I could tell it was not a pleasant conversation. It seemed to make her almost upset.

"Hey Ellie. How are you? Is everything alright? You look upset." I said as I walked up to her.

"Oh... um, hey Damian. That was just my sister. She has the magic power to make me mad." she replied, giving me a forced smile.

"May I ask what she did?" I asked.

"Well, it's her birthday and she insists I come over because she knows we're in town with the show today. I don't really feel like it. I know for a fact that she's going to be bitching the whole time about me coming alone. And then that leads to her gossiping about how I haven't had a boyfriend in ages," she explained to me.

"Sorry for my babbling. She just has this way about her.... All she needs is three seconds and I feel like an insecure schoolgirl again. It doesn't help that she always calls me chubby and uptight. Sorry again. I don't know why I told you that. I have to go on. Bye!" she continued while her cheeks turned a deep crimson red.

She looked so cute and I really couldn't believe that she had such a mean sister or why she put up with it all. When I looked at her like that and she was just about to go on her way again, an idea came to me.

It was perhaps a bit bold, but at the same time it gave me a perfect reason to spend time with her. This was something I had wanted for a long time, but so far the opportunity just hadn't presented itself.

"Ellie, listen... What do you say I go with you?" I suggested.

"What, really? You would do that for me?" she replied in amazement.

"Yes, really. I don't have a match and just need to film some video packages. And I think it would be cool to annoy your sister a bit." I said with a shrug.

When I looked at her I saw her biting her lower lip and her eyes started to sparkle. She obviously liked the idea.

"That would be really nice. And I have to admit that it is very tempting to annoy her. She definitely deserves it.  I'll see you later then, Damian." said Ellie and then left, but not without turning back to me and smiling shyly.

As my gaze followed her, I rubbed my hands together and licked my lips. Tonight was going to be a lot of fun for sure and finally it gave me the chance to get a little closer to Ellie. 

Now I couldn't wait to find out how the rest of the evening would turn out. But one thing was for sure... I would make this night count.