9 Mischief

Ellie POV

The unpleasant beeping of Damian's alarm rudely jolted me out of sleep. Immediately I felt the bed move before the loud noise died down. With a yawn, I snuggled closer to my boyfriend to prevent him from disappearing out of bed.

"Don't get up..." I murmured softly, burying my face against his chest.

"Morning, baby... I'm afraid I have to" Damian said in a raspy morning voice and gave me a kiss on my forehead.

"You don't have to. I'll write you a note." I replied while wrapping my arms and legs around him like a koala bear.

"It would be nice if that worked, but you have to get up too, sweetheart. Unless you want to be late for your appointment." he chuckled deeply.

I groaned. Unfortunately, he was right. I did have this week off. That's why I had packed everything I needed to get done into this one week. Appointments at the dentist and gynecologist. Then I had to go to the accountant. And then there were a lot of little things I had to do. Especially important was that I wanted to find a great birthday present for him. Because I had firmly intended to make this day something very special.

But one thing was already certain. I would miss Damian very much. In the two months that we were already together, we actually spent all our free time together. Either here at my place or at his place in Florida or even in New York.

"Spoilsport... But I guess you're right. I'll shower first." I said as I broke away from him to go to the bathroom. But not without stealing a long good morning kiss.

"As if... We'll go together." he replied and climbed out of bed.

With quick steps he came towards me and lifted me up. Damian threw me on his shoulder and walked us into the bathroom. I squealed joyfully as I wriggled a little. He gave me a playful pat on the butt before he set about getting the water up to the right temperature.

---------------------

"How was the flight, baby?" I asked when I talked to Damian on the phone a few hours later.

I had done most of my chores for the day and was headed out to the car to head home. I wanted to do a quick load of laundry there and grab some snacks before meeting up with some girlfriends at the mall. They wanted to help me pick out the best gift for the man by my side. Although, I wasn't at all sure if they would be helpful or not.

"Yeah, it was okay. I miss you already though. I don't even know how I'm going to sleep tonight without your cold feet under my covers." he said to tease me.

"Mister, my feet are not that cold. You are just a walking space heater. And it's your duty to keep your girl warm." I replied.

"Hmm... that's true... and I think I have the perfect way to warm you up, don't I?" said Damian then, and I could clearly hear the mischief in his voice.

"Indeed you do, D. Or did you ever hear me complain?" I wanted to know as I arrived at my car and got behind the wheel.

"Oh I certainly hope it stays that way." he laughed.

"Okay, baby... I've got to go now. We'll talk tonight. Oh and in case I forgot to mention it.... I already booked you a ticket to fly to me on Friday. Check your emails." he then added.

"I see someone has planned ahead. See you later, D. Take care of yourself." I replied.

"Always, Ellie-Bell." he said before we said goodbye.

With a big smile on my lips, I drove home. But when I saw what car was parked in the lot in front of my building, my good mood vanished into thin air. I had really not expected this today. Or rather, I had never expected it.