21 A bit of commotion

Ellie POV

This day was so much more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. Every little detail was perfect, but in the end I only had eyes for my handsome husband. Damian was close to my side the whole time. The smile on his face showed me more than clearly that he was as happy as I was.

And I couldn't deny how much I enjoyed the sight of him. He looked so... dazzling. But he actually always did. Still, there was that certain something today.

We were just about to cut the magnificent looking cake. I made sure to put my hand firmly on Damian's while he pressed the knife down.

"Be nice," I giggled as he tried to feed me a piece.

"Baby girl, I always am." he promised me.

He really was, even though I knew it was very tempting for him to rub the cake in my face. Then I fed him a piece of the delicious cake before I gave him a loving kiss.

Time passed so quickly and by now it was ready evening. The sun was just setting, casting the lake and the trees in a golden light. The lights in the city came on one by one. It was a magical atmosphere.

Together Damian and I danced to the sounds of the music. Little by little our guests joined us. Everyone was having fun, the mood was exuberant. Just as we had wished and hoped.

As I looked up at my husband, I couldn't help but imagine what life had planned for us next. I knew that D wanted nothing more than a baby together. And I did too. Even though I wouldn't mind having him to myself for a little while longer. 

Nevertheless, I imagined how a small version of Damian would look like. A small perfect boy with dark eyes and equally dark hair. Cheeky, but so adorable that you couldn't be mad at him. Or maybe a little girl with blonde curls, like my mom. She would wrap her daddy around her finger with just a single smile.

"I love you," I said softly.

"I love you too, Mrs. Priest." he then replied leaning down to give me a long kiss.

We danced for a while longer until eventually a bit of commotion on the deck caught both of our attention. My head shot up and I could hardly believe my eyes.

"Oh you've got to be kidding me!" I exclaimed loudly.

There in the middle of our families and many of our friends stood my damn sister. In a white dress!

"You've got to be fucking kidding me!" snorted Damian, taking the first steps in her direction.

"What's going on you two?" suddenly Rhea wanted to know.

"We have an uninvited visitor. This is Ellie's sister. Excuse me. I have to take care of this." replied Damian quickly.

"Oh no. This is your wedding and you're going to enjoy it. I'll take care of it." she said.

And something about her devilish little smirk told me that Yvonne would quickly regret showing up here. We watched as Rhea walked straight up to her, exchanged a few words with her, and then simply lifted her onto her shoulders. Before even one person could react, Rhea had already thrown Yvonne into the water of the lake.

All the people standing around laughed out loud, because we all knew, my part of the family for that matter, how much she deserved it. I myself burst into loud laughter. It was a great sight to see. And lucky for me, not only were all the bystanders taking pictures but so was our photographer.

Rhea came back and grinned at us with her chest puffed out with pride. She gave D a high five before quickly hugging me.

"Thank you, Rhea. That was great," I said.

"You're welcome. I enjoyed it. And it makes a great story." she replied.

After the soaking wet Yvonne retreated in embarrassment the mood quickly returned to the way it was before. Everyone danced and laughed heartily.

Damian took me by the hand and led me onto the deck that was illuminated with fairy lights. His long arms wrapped around my waist from behind and he rested his chin on my shoulder before sighing in relaxation.

I knew how he felt. Despite the little thing with my stupid sister, it was still a perfect night. But I still couldn't wait to spend the rest of the night with my husband.