27 Hold me

Ellie POV

"Ow.... I'm already not a fan of labor," I said as I tried to breathe through the pain.

This was just the beginning and that meant I had many, many hours of this ahead of me. Because I didn't expect Hudson to be in a hurry.

"We'll be at the hospital very soon. I'm sure they can give you something for the pain. Hang in there, baby girl. I'm with you." said Damian as he reached for my hand.

"I know... I know. And I hope for your sake you don't pass out when he gets here. I'm not in the mood to do that without crushing your hand," I replied with a forced smile.

"I promise you that I will not faint. I don't want to miss the moment when Wombat comes into the world. And just so you know, you could even break my hand and I would take it. That's the least I can do since I can't push him out myself." he then said.

"That would be great if you could.... I'd trade places with you in a heartbeat. You're much better at dealing with pain than I am." I replied as I tried to relax.

"You're strong, Ellie-Bell... Don't forget what you've already overcome." said D then.

"Nothing like this though..." I breathed a little anxiously.

Fortunately, it took only 20 minutes until we were at the hospital. Damian quickly filled out the registration and then I was taken to a room. The doctor came to examine me and see how our little man was doing. At this point, my cervix was already 4 centimeters dilated. That was more than I had expected. Maybe Hudson wouldn't make us wait as long as I had first expected after all.

"Is there anything I can do for you?" asked Damian after we had been here for 2 hours.

"Can you just hold me? I'm a little cold." I replied.

I was tired and exhausted from the labor. The doctor said I should try to sleep between contractions, but that was easier said than done when you had a contraction every 4 minutes. And I just couldn't manage to sleep through the contractions like other pregnant women seemed to be able to.

"I am so proud of you. And I can't wait to see you with our baby in your arms." My husband whispered in my ear as he lay down behind me and held me in his arms.

He radiated a wonderful warmth. Immediately it helped me relax a little. It made the waiting and the pain a little more bearable.

But just fifteen minutes later, the doctor came once again to check up on me.

"Okay Mrs Priest. You are at 10 centimeters. It's time to deliver your son. We'll get everything ready and then we'll get started." he said surprisingly.

"Do you hear that, love? We're almost there." I said, turning to Damian, who stroked my forehead and hair with his fingertips.

"I'm so excited." he said softly and I could see how much this moment meant to him.

"Me too." I replied as I looked up at him.

"Mr. Priest, you can either stay by your wife's side and hold her hand or if you want you can sit behind her to help her push," she said.

"How would you like it baby?" he asked me.

"It would be nice if you could hold me while I do it." I said and then slid forward a bit so he had room behind me.

Damian got into position before taking my hands in his and I leaned against him. That felt good. So right. I felt like it would give me the strength I needed to bring our son into the world.

"On 3... 1.... 2... 3 push!" the doctor said and I did what he said.

God, it hurt so bad. But I knew it would all be worth it. And Damian encouraged me with his words. Luckily I didn't have to push more than 5 times. That was something I had been afraid of.

Hudson's cries, his strong voice echoed through the room as he doctor placed it on my chest. I put my hand on my son's back as I looked at him for the first time. He was perfect. And from the looks of it, I got my wish. He looked just like his great daddy.

"I love you, Ellie-Bell. You made it. Thank you! Thank you!" said Damian softly as he placed his hand next to mine.

I turned my head to the side and gave my husband a kiss. Out of love and gratitude. And in relief that we were all okay. Now we were a little family. Damian, Hudson and me. I had the two most amazing men by my side. Something I didn't expect when Damian offered to accompany me to the party back then.