7 Between us

Ellie POV

I sighed in relief as I pulled Damian close to me. This week or rather few days had been an absolute nightmare. Now I was just glad that he knew everything. Hopefully this thing wouldn't leave any marks.

As our kiss became more intense a sharp pain suddenly crossed my face. I hissed. Damian immediately pulled back a bit and looked at me worriedly. I lifted my hand and carefully stroked my nose and cheekbones, which were also very sensitive.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you.... Not in any way." he said softly.

"It's okay. My face will heal. It's just a little bruised. And as for you and me... I never meant to hurt you. On the contrary... You already mean so much to me, Damian. I know it may sound silly, but it's true nonetheless. And I can understand if you don't feel that way," I replied softly.

"Ellie, please... Let's just forget about this whole thing. I've been acting like the ultimate jerk and I'm sorry.... I guess we both didn't deserve that. But I promise you that from now on I will talk to you about everything without running away. Because I like you very much. And I'd like to see where this takes us," he said as he slowly stroked my upper arms with his big hands.

"I like the way that sounds. Why don't we get together tonight after the show to talk about everything? This isn't really the place," I suggested.

"That sounds like a great idea. But now let's go get some ice for my girlfriend's face." he replied, taking me by the hand and striding towards the catering where the ice machine was usually set up.

"Girlfriend?" I asked, dumbfounded.

"Yes, you are my girlfriend. Unless you have something against it. I want us to be an item," Damian said matter-of-factly.

"So this is your way of asking me if I want to be your girlfriend?" I asked, grinning stupidly at him as joy was already spreading inside me at his statement.

It looked like he was just taking what he wanted and apparently I was just that.

"Well... do you want to be?" he wanted to know as I felt his brown orb practically burning into my soul.

"Of course I do," I replied, pulling him down to me.

"Careful, your face" he warned.

"I don't care," I replied, pressing my mouth firmly to his.

------------------------

"I'll join you later. Don't fall asleep on me, okay?" Damian said to me as I went on my way to the hotel, but he still had to stay there to discuss a few things for the next day.

I wanted to wait for him, but Damian insisted that I leave already. Somehow I had the feeling that he was up to something, only I couldn't say exactly what it might be.

Fortunately, it was not long before I heard the light knock on the door. I opened it with an expectant smile. There he was. This great man who had completely turned my head in such a short time.

"Hello there... This is for you..." he said softly and then held out a single, long-stemmed red rose to me.

"Oh my god, Damian. You shouldn't have!" I gushed as I had a hard time holding back tears. He was so cute.

"Get used to it, baby girl..." he said and then gave me a kiss on the forehead.

It was the first time he called me that and I had to admit that I immediately loved hearing that nickname from his mouth, with his deep voice.

It was a damn shame that my face was so sore and aching. Too gladly I would have used the chance to get a little closer to each other, but we still had plenty of time. At the moment it was more important that we talked about everything that could possibly come between us.