24 A whole lot of you

Damian POV

The first thing I felt as I slowly began to wake up were my wife's lips on my neck. Gently she worked her way to my cheek and then to my lips.

"Good morning, baby girl. I like this way of being woken up." I murmured as I opened my eyes to look at her.

To my surprise, it was still pretty dark outside. Guessing it was only 5am or so.

"Good morning, love. I'm sorry to wake you up, but I just couldn't sleep anymore. I'm so excited." replied Ellie and I could feel the smile on my lips.

"Oh I know... I am too. But it's still a little early, don't you think?" I asked as I slowly stroked my hand down her back.

"Maybe a little... But you know how to distract me, mister..." she replied, letting her fingertips wander over my chest.

"You bet I do. After all, your great pregnancy hormones are my best friends right now. I'm surprised I'm even able to walk anymore, baby." I said as I put my free hand to her cheek and pulled her down to me.

"You're loving every second of this and you know it." Ellie spoke against my mouth as she swung a leg over my hips and then silenced me with her lips.

-------------------------

A few hours and very little sleep later, we were now on the way to our party. And by now I was at least as excited as my Ellie-Bell. Today was the big day when we would find out if our dream baby was a boy or a girl.

The pregnancy had gone by so fast up to here that it was hard to believe. But with our work and the fact that we were on the road so much, it was not to be expected otherwise. Only 5 more months, then we would be able to hold our bundle of joy in our arms. I was getting a little ahead of myself though. After all, we were still waiting for our little darling to make himself or herself known for the first time. It could not take much longer and I was so excited to feel how our baby moved.

And then, of course, there was curiosity. Ellie was firmly convinced that we were expecting a boy. So much so that she didn't even want to talk about a name for a girl. Even the name, the perfect name in her opinion, for a boy she didn't want to tell me until the party. Man, I could only hope that her instinct was right.

"Okay ladies and gentlemen. Ellie and Damian have a small pitcher of food coloring in their hands. The two of them will pour the color very slowly into the chocolate fountain with the white chocolate. And then we'll all see if we'll welcome a girl or boy into the family at the end of August. On 3! 1... 2... 3!" said my mother-in-law.

I felt Ellie's hand tremble slightly with nervousness. I was feeling the same way. I could hardly stand the suspense. Together we poured the contents of the pitcher into the chocolate. Slowly, but surely, the white chocolate turned the most beautiful shade of blue I had ever seen.

In other words, Ellie had been right. We are having a son!

I quickly wrapped her in my arms and held her close. I was so happy.

"I love you, wife." I said softly.

"I love you more. Thank you for our son." she replied as she took my face in her hands and gave me a long kiss.

"Alright my dears... Now that we know that Damian and I are expecting the most perfect little man, I want to tell you and especially Damian what name our prince will receive. When I first thought of this name, I immediately knew it would be perfect for our son. It is a name that honors his unique Papi.

Because our little one will go by the name.... Hudson Rico Priest. A piece of New York, a piece of Puerto Rico, and a whole lot of you, love. I love you more than I can put into words and I hope you love that name as much as I do." said Ellie.

With tears in my eyes, my family pulled back into my arms. This was one of the most beautiful moments in my life. And I had only the beautiful woman in my arms to thank. The mother of my son. The love of my life.