10 Under surveillance

Ellie POV

I took a moment and stared out the car at the person who just got out next to me. He had some nerve showing up here. And now he was grinning smugly at me. That alone was enough to make my blood boil. Because I thought I knew why he was here.

"What are you doing here, Dad?" I asked when I finally got out.

"Is this any way to greet your father. Good afternoon, Eleanor. It's good to see you." he replied as he took a few steps towards me to give me a hug.

This was something he never did. At least not with me. That's why I took a step back.

"Just tell me what you want. I'm sure I don't want to hear it anyway. Yvonne definitely sent you because I blocked her number," I said harshly.

"Well... That's true. I want to know why you're being so mean to your sister and while we're at it, Scott. We all have your best interest in mind." replied Dad.

I frowned before shaking my head and rolling my eyes. His perception of things was really twisted. Always was and always going to be. But he probably thought that since Scott acted the same way he did in his marriage with Mom, that it was okay to cheat. When Mom filed for divorce back then, it hadn't pleased his ego at all.

"My best interest? Are you serious? So you think insulting me and destroying my self-esteem is a good thing? You think that's a way to show your love? I mean, I know you obviously don't have a problem with cheating, because you've cheated on mom long enough. But that doesn't mean I'm going to put up with it." I said, making my way to my apartment.

"Oh, come on, Eleanor... Those are all old stories. And Scott is a good man. He fits perfectly into our family. And he's still looking out for you. Otherwise, you would have gotten a charge from Yvonne when you assaulted her." he replied as he followed me.

"What are you saying? Are you telling me he's spying on me? For you? Oh my god! This is why you knew I was home, isn't it? This is unbelievable!" I gasped as I suddenly realized some things I had never really thought about.

"Don't be so dramatic. It just shows how much he loves you. And I bet... no, I know he'd take you back in a heartbeat if you'd meet him halfway," he said.

"I'm not being dramatic! I'm just done with Yvonne's toxic behavior. I've finally realized my true worth. I have a great man by my side and I've freed myself from everything that's been weighing me down for so long. Just like that. Through the right person. And you know what... I won't hesitate to cut you out of my life too. It's not a big loss anyway. You were never there. At least not for me. Yvonne always got everything she wanted. But me? If it wasn't for Mom, I don't know where I would be today. 

You're just as toxic as Yvonne, but that fits. She learned from the best. By the way...if you love Scott so much, why don't you set him up with your precious Yvonne? Oh, let me guess.... She doesn't deserve that, right? You can tell your little spy to leave me alone. Otherwise I'll have no choice but to draw consequences. He knows what I mean by that." I replied, then turned around to get back in the car.

"You'll regret this, my child." Dad hissed.

"If anything, I'm mom's child. You were never a father to me. I heard you call me an accident. So don't act like you're father of the year now." I said before shutting the car door loudly and starting the car.

As I made my way to the mall to meet up with the girls my mind wandered to Damian. I was so glad to have him in my life. Even though it hadn't been long, I couldn't imagine being without him.

I also thought about what I should do now. Because one thing was certain. This was no longer the place where I felt safe. The more I thought about it, the clearer it became to me that I would always be under surveillance here.