25 Can you believe that?

Ellie POV

As fast as I could in my freaking pregnant state, I went to the catering to get something to eat. My stomach was growling like crazy even though I had just eaten an hour ago.

"Hey Wombat and Wombat mama.... How are you girl?" asked Rhea who suddenly appeared next to me.

"Oh we're fine. Just hungry as hell. Little man takes after his daddy and he's always hungry." I laughed.

"I'll bet he is. How much longer do you have to work? Isn't it all a bit exhausting with flying and all?" she wanted to know as she walked me along.

"Only this week. Damian insisted that I stay at home for the last two months because the traveling plus the summer heat is getting to me. Can you believe that? Only two more months!" I replied.

"I know! The time has gone by so fast. I can't wait to see what Wombat looks like!" she said.

"Probably like an exact copy of D. Or at least that's what I'm hoping for." I replied with a smile.

"Quite possibly. Have a seat. I'll get you something to eat. What do you want?" she said as we arrived at the catering.

"Hmmm.... Pan fried rice and some carrots. Hudson loves carrots." I replied as I carefully plopped down on a chair.

"Coming right up." she grinned.

"Thank you so much. You know... you don't have to try so hard. You're going to be his godmother anyway." I laughed as she came back.

"What, are you serious?" she asked in shock as she handed me a bowl and placed the carrots on the table next to me.

"Of course I am. Although you'll probably spoil him just as much as his dad!" I replied with a giggle.

"Amazing!" She cheered and hugged me.

"What's going on?" I heard Damian's deep voice suddenly ask.

Instead of answering him, Rhea jumped up to him and hugged him tightly, too.

"Oh, I guess Ellie-Bell told you the news, huh?" he chuckled.

"Love, I think her reaction shows we made the right choice," I said.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you. Oh I need to start looking for the best gift in the world right now. Maybe a tiny little leather jacket. Or maybe I'll get the little man a unique piece of art with his name on it. Well, his real name and not Wombat." she babbled while Damian sat down next to me and gave me a kiss on the temple and rubbed his hand on my belly where the baby's foot was clearly visible.

As always, he looked at me with pride. He loved to feel his son through my skin. And as far as I could tell, Hudson felt the same way. He loved it and it always calmed him. It was the same with Damian's voice. Whenever Hudson kicked me aggressively, he calmed down almost immediately when Damian spoke to him.

"How are you Mami?" my husband asked me quietly as Rhea headed out.

"I'm fine. Well, now that I have something to eat." I replied, setting the bowl down on my tummy to grab a carrot.

"Is the little man behaving himself today? No heavy punching or kicking?" he wanted to know with concern.

"Nope. We are getting along just fine. Don't worry about it, love. Your family is just fine." I replied as I put my free hand to his cheek.

"That's what I like to hear. I have to get back to work. Can I have another kiss for the road?" said D.

"Always." I replied.

He gave me a long kiss before looking deep into my eyes. A smile on his perfect lips and a sparkle in his eyes.

"Love you. And you Wombat." he said and then pressed another kiss to my bump.

"Love you more. Oh... Before I forget. The furniture for the nursery will be delivered in two days. That means we can assemble it together." I replied.

"That's out of the question. I'll do it on my own. You bake the bun in your oven. That's enough for you." he contradicted me.

"Ha... We'll see about that, Mr Priest." I said with a smirk.

"We will, Mrs Priest." he replied and gave me another quick kiss before he went back to work and I went back to the important things. My food.