17 Options

Ellie POV

I was typing away as I tried to finish my work for the day as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, the internet connection kept screwing me up as I tried to get the latest photos and articles online.

It was frustrating, but I didn't let it dampen my good mood. I was so happy to finally get back to work. But to be honest, it was more because I was finally able to spend a lot of time with Damian again than with my work.

Besides, there was the planning for the wedding. Somehow I never expected how many tiny decisions had to be made. And that's not easy when there were so many wonderful options. I just had such a hard time deciding. 

But these thoughts left me very quickly as I felt warm lips that nestled against my neck. I smiled and turned my head to the side to look into the beautiful eyes of my future husband.

Damian had been an absolute sweetheart. With everything. With my stay in the hospital, with setting up and redecorating the house, and even with planning the wedding. Well, with the small part we had already done.

"Hello, you gorgeous man." I breathed.

"Hello to you too, Ellie-Bell. How's it going? I thought I'd stop by before getting ready for the show." he replied after giving me a loving kiss and then sitting down next to me.

"I'm finally done for the day. It took a really long time. But that's nothing new. I look forward to seeing you in action later. Oh and I've been looking for options for the wedding in New York. I'm afraid the Empire State Building is not an option for us." I said as I took his hand in mine so I could play with his long fingers.

"Oh no... Why not?" he wanted to know.

"Well... it's only possible for selected couples to get married there. You have to have a really good story in store to be chosen. Also, they only have weddings there on Valentine's Day. I think there are only 3.

And as sorry as I am, a February wedding in New York doesn't sound very appealing. I would freeze to death in a beautiful dress. Then I looked at a few rooftop options with a view of the Empire State, but they don't allow decorations, flowers. Nothing at all. Not even chairs for the guests. And that would also mean we would need another location for the reception," I explained to him.

"Too bad... Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to celebrate in New York. I'm sure we'll find another alternative," Damian said.

He sounded so disappointed. I knew he wanted to celebrate our wedding in his city. Fortunately, I already had an alternative.

"I think I found something that might be even nicer...what do you think of the Loeb Boathouse in Central Park? It has a great view of the lake and in the spring when the trees are green and everything is blooming it sure will be beautiful. They have a big room that adjoins the restaurant, a big deck, and you can even rent gondolas," I replied, barely able to contain my excitement.

"Someone is very passionate about this, huh? I think I could be convinced to like it." said Damian, his voice low as he brought his face close to mine and rubbed my nose with his.

"I think you already love the idea and just want to take advantage of my weakness for you, love." I replied softly as I began to slowly stroke his thigh with my hand.

"Hmm.... no... I think I definitely need convincing." He murmured, his face still close to mine.

"Oh? I think I can be very persuasive. Too bad you have to get to work now. Otherwise, it would be very easy... to give in to... temptation here and now. But don't worry... There'll be plenty of time for that later," I whispered against his lips.