Four

" We can't go to war without you

" We can't go to war without you. "

OLIVIA AND HER BOW WERE AN INSEPARABLE TEAM.

She never left it or her arrows. They were always stuck to her body or hands, never 2 feet away.

Olivia had the habit of having a dagger hidden in her boot too. She picked up a few deadly habits during her three years in Narnia, which were very strange for a 13-year-old girl. But she didn't mind at all; those weapons made her feel safe, and they came to be sound very often. But it wasn't normal for a teenager to walk around with a dagger hidden. Though, Narnia itself wasn't normal.

Olivia was sharpening the tip of her arrows with her dagger, sitting down next to the fire. The fox was telling how the frozen animals the group had encountered earlier came to find themselves in that state. Mr. Beaver and Olivia got especially worried for their frozen friends and poked the fox so much that the little creature grew tired.

" They were helping Tumnus. The witch got here before I did. Ow! " - The fox yelped in pain.

Mrs. Beaver wrapped gauze around the fox, helping with the injuries. Lucy and Susan sat on a small tree trunk, Lucy having her arms wrapped around her sister.

Peter and Olivia sat face-to-face around the fire. He carefully watched the girl sharpen the tip of her arrow, wondering how such a young girl walked around with a dagger and a bow. He asked himself what kind of trauma she could have had to have such high defences.

" Stop squirming! You're worse than beaver on bath day. " - Mrs. Beaver grumbled.

" Worst day of the year. " - Mr. Beaver shivered. It was apparent his hate for bath day.

Suddenly, the fox started getting up on his four legs. Mrs. Beaver wasn't done helping him, but she still took her hands off his body.

" Thank you for your kindness. " - The fox said in a weak tone. - "But that's all the healing I have time for. "

" You're leaving? " - Lucy asked sadly. Olivia finally stopped with her arrow, tilting her head to look at the fox.

" It has been a pleasure, My Queen, and an honour. But time is short, and Aslan himself has asked me to gather more troops. "

Olivia only shrugged, turning back her attention to the arrows. If Aslan gave the fox a mission, then she wouldn't be the one to stand in the way.

" You've seen Aslan? " - Mrs. Beaver asked euphorically.

" What's he like? " - Mr. Beaver complemented.

" Like everything we've ever heard. You'll be glad to have him by your side in the battle against the witch. " - Fox concluded.

" But we're not planning on fighting any witch. " - Susan said.

" But surely, King Peter, Queen Olivia, the prophecy! " - The fox exclaimed, bobbing his head between the eldest Pevensie and the Olmore girl.

" We can't go to war without you. " - Mr. Beaver begged.

Peter glanced at Susan, who had a look that said 'No.' She didn't want to risk her family, not anymore. Peter looked at Olivia, who looked at him with neutrality, awaiting the answer.

" We just want our brother back. " - Peter signed.

—-🍄—-

As the fox left to complete the mission tasked by the true king of Narnia, Olivia and the Pevensies stayed by the fireplace. They decided to get some rest; the next day would be a long journey.

Everyone was asleep except for Peter and Olivia. The two beavers were fast asleep, too, cuddled in the other's embrace.

Olivia lay down in the snow, staring at the bright sky that shined during the night. She watched as the stars seemed to glimmer; she created drawings with the clouds in her head, distracting herself from the kingdom she blamed herself for being unable to save.

Looking at the sky reminded her of the centaurs. She tried reading the stars but couldn't; the centaurs were much better than her.

Peter tossed and turned on the snow. He couldn't get his mind off Edmund, the younger brother who had only spent a few hours away, and Peter missed so much. One side of him was angry at Edmund, blaming the young boy for being stubborn and naive. The other side of Peter blamed himself for not being a supportive brother and at least understanding what Edmund was going through.

Peter's grunts and sounds of turning and shuffling in the snow took Olivia out of her trance. She signed before saying:

" Can't sleep, huh? " - Her gaze was still on the sky above, but her words were directed at Peter. The boy signed before lying down, also facing the sky.

" I'm sorry for waking you up. "

" Don't be. I was already awake. " - Olivia answered.

She signed, realising Peter wasn't going to say anything.

" Look, I never had any siblings. " - Peter sat up on the snow, and at the same time, Olivia did too. They stared into each other as Olivia continued to speak - " But I can tell you are going through a lot. Worry not; your brother will be rescued. "

Peter smiled, glad for the girl's sympathy.

" Thank you. "

" You're welcome. But if it's your wish, you four can return to where you are from. Don't feel pressured to stay here. "- She said, smiling.

" I get that you guys being here is important, but you have barely been here and been pressed about staying here. I wouldn't like that for myself. " - Olivia shrugged.

" I get that there is some sort of prophecy and that you have your hopes on us, but we can't get into another war. " - Peter signed. Olivia stayed silent before the eldest tried steering the conversation another way.

" So, how come you are a human Narnian? " - Peter tilted his head to the side.

" I'm not Narnian. "

" Then, where are you from? " - He asked.

" Well, I always lived with my grandfather in an old house of his. My parents died when I was just a toddler, so my grandfather was the only one who raised me. The most important thing about how he raised me was that during my growing up process, he always told me stories about a magical kingdom filled with beautiful creatures. " - Olivia answered, not trying to be very detailed.

Peter's attention was focused on the girl telling the story. Since they tried not to wake anyone up, they whispered their conversation.

" The kingdom my grandfather spoke of was, of course, Narnia. He had, in his earlier years, come here with his friend. Her name was Polly, but I need to remember the story better. One day, I was taking a walk in the house. I remember exploring the rooms I had never entered, which was good because my curiosity was being fed. I joined this room with a large brown coloured wardrobe, and for some reason, I felt attached to it, like something was tugging me to enter the wardrobe. I entered it and found myself here. Now, I've been in Narnia for over five months. "

Olivia finished her story with a smile. Peter recalled the story very similar to his but didn't say a word about it.

" That's a great story. But we should get some sleep; tomorrow will be tiring. " He said, yawning. Olivia nodded her head.

" Goodnight. " - The girl said, lying in the freezing snow.

Peter found his mind away from Edmund, now recalling the story of Olivia and the Wardrobe. It was good for him not to be so tense, for he knew he could now only go to Aslan. He relaxed his shoulder, finally finding himself able to sleep.

" Goodnight, Olivia. "