Eleven

" I'm tired of playing second fiddle

" I'm tired of playing second fiddle. "

THE NEXT DAY, the dawn treader ( finally ) found land. The smaller boats had been sent out, while the big ship was anchored. The island looked deserted, and showed no sign of any living thing for the matter. It seemed dry and almost volcanic.

" I doubt the lords have stopped here, my liege. " - Reepicheep opinionated. - " There is no sign of anything living. "

" Right. Well, once we get ashore, take your men and search for food and water. " - Caspian commanded, looking at Reepicheep on the second boat. - " The four of us will look for clues. "

" Hang on. " - Eustace called. - " You mean the five of us. " - He corrected.

Caspian, Edmund and the two other men immediately stopped rowing, and they all looked back at the boy with their faces filled with surprise. Olivia widened her eyes, but kept her mouth shut, despite her urge to make a comment at that moment.

" Come on, please don't send me back to the rat. " - Eustace begged.

" I heard that. " - Reep called from the other boat.

" Big ears. " - Eustace whispered to himself.

" I heard that too. "

And the four royalties laughed at Eustace.

—-🐉—-

As soon as the boats got to shore, the crewmen quickly unloaded what they needed and helped their kings and queens off the boat.

Eustace, being that toad-head he was, sneakily sprinted away from the crew and went off to explore the island. Since nobody had noticed the scrubb boy's absence, Lucy, Olivia, Edmund and Caspian went ahead to explore the island in the other direction.

" Look! We're not the first ones on this island. " - Caspian called, rushing to a rock that had a rope tied around it. They had been walking for about 30 minutes now, and the crew was far away.

" The lords? " - Edmund queered.

" Could be. " - Olivia pointed out, kneeling to take a look at the rope tied around the rock.

Their gazes followed the rope, until it led to a hole. It seemed deep, and Caspian threw a rock. They heard the sound of the small rock hitting the ground, and calculated that it wasn't so deep after all.

" What do you think could be down there? " - Caspian asked.

" Sea serpents. " - Olivia grinned, fist bumping Edmund who smirked by her side.

" Let's find out. " - Edmund said after, and they all used the rope tied around the rock to go down.

It was a large cave, with the acoustic of echoes designed. Edmund went down first, followed by Lucy, Olivia and Caspian.