Ten

" What on earth is Narnia? Who's Olivia? "

( This chapter is dedicated to Onetiredreader  , thank you for all the likes and comments in my story ❤️ )

LUCY WAS HAVING DIFFICULTY SLEEPING. She didn't know if it was because of the storm or because of the various thoughts that swarmed her head. The Pevensie girl signed, and grabbed the small piece of paper from her pocket. Lucy had stolen one of the pages of Coriakin's book, a page that held an enchantment for a person seeing themselves with the appearance they wish they had.

Lucy recited the lines of the spell. - " Transform my reflection, cast into perfection, lashes, lips and complexion. Make me she whom I'd agree holds more beauty over me. "

Lucy looked at herself, her arms and her body, and felt no change. When she was about to try and sleep again, Lucy felt a change in the air. The storm outside had suddenly passed, and made the way for a shining sun to reflect upon the careful glass of the windows in the room. A full-bodied mirror drew the attention of the girl, and she raised her body and got out of bed.

In slow steps, the girl walked until her reflection was visible on the mirror. Without saying, Lucy's night gown changed into a preppy blue dressed with white polka dots and a red lace tied around her waist. She looked at her face, and Lucy didn't look like herself anymore. She looked exactly like Susan now.

Lucy's hand trailed over her face, and then her lips, which were now a deep shade of red due to lipstick. She tilted her head to the side, and her hand flew to the mirror, which with her touch, revealed itself to be a door. The girl gently pushed the door, and walked outside.

Lucy no longer found herself aboard the dawn treader. She was now located in a fancy small party, with a band playing jazz in the background. The door closed itself behind Lucy, but she didn't even notice. The sky was a bright tone of blue, with not a single cloud in sight. Lucy ( now, Susan ) walked out of the porch she was standing in, and a fair skinned man announced: " Ladies and gentlemen, miss Pevensie. " - And all the finely dressed damsels and men clapped for her.

The military men made comments as the girl passed, things like ' She's a looker ' or ' Swell '. Edmund came into the girl's sight, and intertwined his left arm with Lucy's right.

" Edmund! " - The Pevensie girl exclaimed.

" You look beautiful, sister. " - Edmund smiled.

" As always. " - Another voice added, and Peter came to his sister's left side and offered his free arm for her to hold. The girl gladly took it, and exclaimed ' Peter! '

From the corner, a man came holding a camera. " Excuse me, miss, can I get a photo? " - He asked gently, and the girl eagerly nodded.

" Mother's going to love this. " - Peter said. - " All her children in one picture. "

" Smile! "

" Hang on, where am I? " - Lucy asked, confused. Peter and Edmund looked at her with their eyebrows furrowed. - " I mean, where's Lucy? "

Edmund turned to face his sister. - " Lucy? Who's Lucy? "

Susan/Lucy furrowed her eyebrows and dropped her smile. She looked at her older brother, who was smiling like nothing was going on. The same applied to Edmund, who was also smiling carelessly.

" Susan, What's wrong? " - Peter asked, and at that moment, the flash of the camera went off. She tried getting out of her sibling's grasp, uncomfortable.

" Now, remember miss, bright and big smile! " - The man reminded, cleaning the lens of his camera.

" Edmund, i'm not sure about all this. I think I want to go back. " - She said, looking nauseous.

" Go back where? " - Her brother asked.

" To Narnia. " - Lucy suddenly remembered. - " Where is Olivia? "

" What on earth is Narnia? Who's Olivia? " - He had asked, and Lucy widened her eyes.

" What's going on? Stop this! " - Lucy screamed, and pressed her hands against her eyes.

Once again, Lucy Pevensie found herself back in her room on the dawn treader, looking at herself ( her true self ) in the mirror. The girl gasped as she saw a familiar figure of a lion walking to her side.

" Lucy. " - Aslan said, drawing her attention as she breathed heavily.

" Aslan? " - Her voice faltered, and she looked to her side, but nobody was there. She stared back at the mirror, and there was the mighty lion, looking at her.

" What have you done, child? " - He asked.

" I don't know. That was awful. " - Lucy trembled.

" But you chose it, Lucy. "

" I didn't mean to choose all of that. I just wanted to be beautiful like Susan.That's all. " - She whispered into the mirror, trying to hold back her tears.

" You wished yourself away and with that, much more. Your brothers and sister wouldn't know Narnia without you, Lucy. And consequently, none of you would have met Olivia. You discovered Narnia first, remember? " - Aslan reminded her.

" I'm so sorry. " - Lucy whispered.

" You doubt your value. Don't run from who you are. "

Lucy suddenly gasped, and actually found herself awaking from a nightmare, screaming Aslan's name. She breathed heavily, and grabbed the piece of paper from her pocket. She pressed the paper into a small and crumpled ball, and threw it into her fireplace.

—-🌊—-

In Edmund and Olivia's chamber, one of them slept. Edmund was wide awake, sitting on the edge of the bed as Olivia shaked her head, asleep.

Edmund stood up, and suddenly found himself looking at a green personification of the white witch. " Edmund... Edmund... " - She called, and Edmund widened his eyes. - " Come with me. Join me. " - In a sudden movement, Edmund unsheathed his sword and pointed it at the green mist. But, the boy got startled by a gasp, and looked to the bed where he saw Olivia, sitting up, and breathing heavily with her hand to her chest.

Ed looked back, and the figure of the mist had disappeared. Olivia looked at the white sheets, trying to even her breath. Lucy opened the door to their room, and looked at his brother holding a sword, and Olivia with her eyes wide, looking at the bed.

" Edmund. " - Lucy gently whispered.

" Lucy. It's just you. " - He said, and his sister walked inside the room. Olivia hadn't moved a finger.

" I can't sleep. " - Lucy said, and suddenly, Caspian opened the door aggressively, holding his sword as he checked upon the scene he walked into.

Edmund looked at them. " Let me guess. Bad dreams. " - He said, and sat back on his bed, and scooched over to his fiancée. He placed his hand on her shoulder, and startled, Olivia jumped out of the bed and away from him.

She had her eyes wide and looked like an absolute maniac. Edmund raised his hands. - " Calm down. It's just me. " - He said, only standing up, and walking towards the girl. - " It's just me. " - He repeated.

Olivia felt a single tear escape her eye, and ran to Edmund's embrace. She hugged his torso, and rested her head on his chest. Edmund wrapped his arms around the small girl, and gently caressed her hair. " It's alright. It's alright. "

Caspian and Lucy shared a look. - " So either we're all going mad, or something's playing with our minds. " - Edmund said, and brought Olivia back to the bed, laying the girl by his side.