Eleven

" Kill them all

" Kill them all. "

BY THE MORNING, Olivia had herself prepared in armour and her spear steady on her saddle, before a battle was even announced. Peter and Edmund had received the grave news first, communicated through the trees by his sisters, who were safe and away on the stone table with the dead body of Aslan. Oreius, Edmund and Olivia awaited outside the tent, where Peter nervously walked out, unsure of his movements. The boys weren't in their armour, but Olivia was prepared for anything.

" He's gone. " - Said Peter, his hands resting on the table in front of the royal tent, where a map of Narnia was open and wide, Peter staring at it.

Edmund looked at Oreius on his back, who nodded confidently. He turned his head to the brunette on his side, who felt his gaze on her and looked to him. She gave her nod as well, and the boy spoke:

" Then you'll have to lead us. " - The eldest looked up to the two kids facing him.

" Peter, there's an army out there and it's ready to follow you. " - Olivia chipped in.

" I can't. "

" Aslan believed you could. And so do I. " - Edmund stated, showing his brother how his trust and faith were on him. Peter looked up confidently, and Olivia brought her hand to her chest, and bowed.

Peter could feel the rush of Adrenaline pulsing through his veins, leaving him agitated and having the feeling that he was ready, like he could finally be the high king of Narnia.

" What are your orders, sire? " - Asked Oreius.

Peter looked at the map on the table, taking a deep breath before proceeding.

" Gather the troops, get ready for battle. " - Oreius, nodded, and ran down the hill with his sword held up.

—-🦋—-

Lucy and Susan hadn't shown up, according to the trees ( Olivia asked them to keep her updated), both couldn't let go of the body of the great lion, as he had been so special to the two. The three underaged majesties that remained on Aslan's camp were wearing their shiny silver armour, adjusted themselves in their battle positions along with the rest of the Narnians. On top of the high hill, stood Edmund together with the archers, while Peter, Olivia and Oreius stood on the front line awaiting the witch's army. While Peter was on a unicorn, Olivia was on a grey female horse named Horacia, who she knew from her previous months in Narnia.

Horacia had helped Olivia train, and had been a faithful and loyal friend to the girl. There was nobody else Olivia could choose to stay by her side during these tough times, except for Piple the Badger.

Beside the two, a gryphon landed and got ready to give his warning after observing the witch's troops arriving.

" They come, your highness. In numbers and weapons far greater than our own. " - Said he, worried, fumbling with his wings.

" Numbers do not win a battle. " - Said Oreius wisely.

" No. But I bet they help. " - Peter answered.

" Ever been on the front line of a battle before? " - Olivia tilted her head to the side.

" No. You? "

" Nope. But there is always a first. " - She said confidently, facing forward once again.

Suddenly, the distant sound of a horn came to hear, making the animals growl and get themselves steady on their battle positions. A minotaur came first, roaring and grumbling, fully armoured with a giant axe on hand. Olivia grabbed her spear and unsheathed it, leaving it on her side, ready for an attack.

The minotaur roared loudly, making the witch's army come to sight in far greater numbers than expected. Jadis came to the scene wearing a furry cloak around her neck, covered in Aslan's fur. Her carriage was drawn by two polar bears, and she wore on top of her head not a helmet, but a signal of golden strength of a lion's head with their mouth open.

" Is that what I think is wrapped around her neck? " - Asked Olivia, turning her head to the side to face Peter.

" It sure is. " - Responded Peter, making the girl even more angry than she was before.

Good enough that Olivia wasn't wearing a helmet. She wore a silver armour with her new style of hair, the double braids each supported on one shoulder. On her head, she wore a silver crown with thorns and spines instead of the usual flowers.

Peter and Olivia looked at Edmund at the same time. The young one nodded, and they nodded back. The eldest Pevensie unsheathed his sword, and held it upwards to his front. Olivia grabbed the horn on her saddle, and blew on it. The Narnians cheered and celebrated at the sound, unsheathing their weapons and holding them high.

" I have no interest in prisoners. " - Started Jadis, beginning her command.

" Kill them all. "