Three

" Thank you, my hero

" Thank you, my hero. "

THE KING OF GARNOFF and the king of Calamari took one week to announce the engagement of their children. The two were very eager, and in a matter of seconds, they had become friends. It was hypocritical really, but no one had the courage to say so. In fact, the other kingdoms got very excited, seeing that another battle had been avoided.

Olivia was as happy as ever, as the two kings sent her letters thanking for the great idea. The prince and the princess of the kingdoms were also grateful, for finding a way for their nations to be at peace and they could remain together. All seemed right with the world.

Lucy and Olivia were currently giggling, having a picnic out in the fresh air of the western woods of Narnia. Mr Tumnus had been invited to join them, but he denied, poor faun had much to do. Susan didn't even wake up, she was very tired from the past week, and when Lucy tried to wake her up, she grumbled and the youngest left her alone.

But beside it all, they were glad to have some alone time. It had been a while since their last chat. Olivia and Lucy loved to simply have a conversation with one another, and the words and laughter simply flew away.

They were currently talking about a prank Badger had played on Mr Beaver, making Mrs Beaver mad as a minotaur.

" -and then, Badger simply pressed the button and the snow fell right on top of Mr Beaver's head! He had to take another shower! Well, Mrs Beaver forced him to. " - Lucy and Olivia laughed, picturing the situation in their minds. They remembered how much Mr Beaver hated baths.

" Oh for Aslan's sake! " - Olivia giggled, wiping the tears escaping her eyes. Olivia offered Lucy fresh strawberries, and the youngest accepted.

Their laughter was cut short by Oreius, who was running towards the two, his eyes wide and desperate.

" Your majesties! You both need to return to the castle immediately! " - He said, offering his hand to help the girls up.

" What's wrong, Oreius? " - Asked Olivia, adjusting her dress.

" The giants of the north are advancing on our territory! You two must hurry to safety. " - He helped Lucy up his back, and Olivia hurried to her white horse. She hoped on its back, and did not take long to hurry and gallop to Cair Paravel. Oreius and Lucy were ahead, but Olivia was not far behind.

When Olivia took a quick glance behind, her horse neighed and threw her on the grass, before running away. She grumbled, before yelling for the horse to return. She signed and passed her hands on her dress, before hearing the loud sound of footsteps. She grabbed the dagger hidden in her boot, and got herself in a defensive position. It was definitely the wrong moment to have left her spear at the castle.

Her eyes widened at the sight of not one, not two, but three giants heading towards her. They looked down, facing the girl that gulped with the dagger on her hand.

" Is she queen? " Asked the one on the right.

" Not one we looking for. But that gott' do. " - Shrugged the one in the middle, before reaching out his big hand and Olivia stabbing him.

" Ouchie! " - He pouted. He went and grabbed the girl anyway, despite her kicking and punching the giant's hand.

—-🌱—-

Back at the castle, Oreius and Lucy barged inside the living room, where Susan, Edmund and Peter found themselves in the middle.

" Oh, finally! I was starting to get worried. " - Said Peter, hugging Lucy. He was the one who had desperately sent Oreius after the two girls.

" Where's Olivia? " - Asked Edmund.

" She was right behind us, your majesty. " - Said Oreius. - " I'm afraid I didn't look back enough to see her, and your majesty is lost. My apologies, I have failed you all. " - Oreius bowed and threw his sword on the floor. Edmund clicked his tongue and covered his face with his hand, biting back the scream that was stuck on his throat.

" Rise, Oreius. " - Said Peter. - " If it weren't for you, Lucy would be lost too. Thank you, you have done your best. " - Peter placed his hand on Oreius' shoulder, trying to be as positive as he could. The centaur bowed before leaving the Pevensies alone.

" Okay, let's start this meeting. First off: Olivia. " - Peter clapped his hands together.

" I don't think she got lost, she knows Narnia like the palm of her hand. " - Suggested Susan. - " My guess is she got captured. "

" We need a plan. " - Edmund said.

" I think I've got one. " - Started Peter.

—-🪨—-

Back to Olivia and the giants, they took her to a cave up north of Narnia, where she was trapped against a rock, with her hands tied around it. She squirmed and tried to get herself out of that rope, but it was no use. She was sweaty due to her hard work to no avail. Olivia had been strained to that rock for two hours now, and she was getting tired and just wanted to scream.

A giant entered the room, holding a small silver tray with water and bread.

" You is' hungry? " - Asked the giant. Olivia closed her eyes and tilted her head to the side, ignoring him. He signed, before placing the tray in front of her.

" Eat. " - The girl looked at the plate in front of her, and said:

" How am I supposed to eat if I'm tied up, you imbecile? " - She squirmed against the grip of the rope.

" Oh. You don' eat then." - He shrugged, motioning his hand and taking two steps back, and two giants entered just on cue.

" Well, what's your plan? You have kidnapped one of the queens of Narnia. This won't come cheap. " - She hissed.

Sometimes, it was hard to distinguish Olivia's actions from bravery or stupidity. Challenging a few giants is not exactly the bravest thing, but Olivia was one that feared very little, and that might be the end of her day.

" Exactly. You' expensive. " - Grinned the one in the middle. And a lightbulb appeared on Olivia's head, realisation striking her like lightning. They kidnapped her so that Peter and the rest would pay the giants some money to get Olivia back.

" You little - " - She started, but the giants cut her off by laughing. The girl felt her blood boiling, and if it weren't for those darn ropes, she would be at their throats.

Suddenly, the laughter was cut short by the rock wall exploding behind the giants, revealing Peter, Edmund, Oreius and Susan, together with a big army of Narnians. They had tracked down Olivia's location to the giants, and they went ahead to the rescue.

Before the giants could even think, the army advanced and all that could be seen was the blood of the giants next to their dead bodies on the floor.

" Olivia! " - Edmund exclaimed, sheathing his sword and running towards the girl once seeing her attached to the rock. He untied her, and before Olivia could even react, his hands flew to her face. - " Did they hurt you? " - He scanned her face for any bruises or cuts.

Olivia smiled at his preoccupation, and cupped the hand on her cheek.

" Ed. " - He finally stopped fuzzing. - " I'm fine. " - She pressed her lips against the tip of his nose. - " Thank you, my hero. "

Edmund finally relaxed, and grabbed her hand, before kissing it.

" Let's go back home. "