Fifteen

" Thank you for everything, Queen of the Centaurs, Lady Olivia of Wisdom

" Thank you for everything, Queen of the Centaurs, Lady Olivia of Wisdom. "

THE SOLDIERS THAT WERE STILL ALIVE SURRENDERED, and they crossed the river by the water.

Susan, Caspian, Peter, Edmund and Olivia crossed the river to meet with Lucy and Aslan, who awaited them with smiles on their faces. The five of them got to the sand and kneeled down before the mighty lion.

" Rise, kings and queens of Narnia. " - Spoke the lion, which made the Pevensies and Olivia stand up. Caspian stayed kneeled.

" All of you. " - Concluded the great cat, referring to the Telmarine. Caspian looked up at the lion, and back at the sand and replied:

" I do not think I am ready. "

" It's for that very reason I know you are. " - Concluded the lion. Caspian looked to his right side, where Olivia and Edmund looked at him, and then to his left, where Susan and Peter awaited. He stood up.

Suddenly, they heard the sound of bagpipes playing, and a crew of mice were carrying the dead body of Reepicheep the mouse.

Lucy rushed to his aid, pulling out her cordial and making a single drop of the liquid fall in the mouth of the mouse.

The mouse then gasped, and he sat up.

" Thank you, your majesty. " - Said the mouse, smiling and grateful.

With the help of another mouse, Reepicheep stood up and he saw Aslan, the lion.

" Oh! " - He gasped. - " Hail, Aslan! It is a great honour to be in- " - Reepicheep tried to bow, but he tripped and saw that he had no tail.

" I'm completely out of countenance. " - Murmured the mouse as he used his small paws to tap the place where his tail used to be. - " I must crave your indulgence for appearing in this unseemly fashion. " - Reepicheep turned to Lucy. - " Perhaps a drop more? "

" I don't think it does that. " - Replied the young queen.

" You could have a go. "

Aslan laughed. - " It becomes you well, small one. "

" All the same, great king. I regret that I must withdraw, for a tail is the honour and glory of a mouse. " - Reepicheep said, handing his sword.

" Perhaps you think too much of your honour, friend. " - Replied the great lion.

" Well, it's not just the honour. It's also great for balance. And climbing. And grabbing things. " - Continued the mouse.

But, suddenly, the sound of a sword unsheathing drew the attention of another one of the mice, who had his sword pressed against its tail.

" May it please, your high majesty, we will not bear the shame of wearing an honour denied to our chief. " - The rest repeated the action, and then Aslan chuckled.