Fourteen

Because every end is just another beginning

All CHAPTERS HAVE AN END. But everytime a chapter is finished, another one is just beginning.

Edmund and Olivia were engaged. The entire castle of Cair Paravel was beaming with excitement, and the creatures had been dancing and laughing and cheering. The centaurs murmured things like 'the skies are never wrong' and 'may Aslan bless the lady Haran of love'. Narnia as a whole was very happy.

Susan was already in wedding planning mode. Lucy had given Edmund a speech of 'don't break her heart', and then gave one to Olivia too ( 'don't break his heart ). Peter was very happy for his brother to have found love and for Olivia to have too. He even had a big room prepared for them to share. But, destiny had come with other plans.

It was the morning of another regular day, and Mr Tumnus came barging inside the castle with the news that a white stag had been spotted near the Western woods.

" Your majesties! Your majesties! " - He bowed. - " I bring news. The folk say a white stag has been spotted in the Western woods! "

" What is all this fuss about a white stag? " - Asked Lucy, who had just come inside the throne room, now complete with all five monarchs.

" A white stag has been seen in Edmund's territory, Lu. " - Answered Susan.

" Really? " - She smiled brightly. - " Haven't you heard about the legends of a white stag? " - Lucy asked.

" What legends? " - Asked the high king, adjusting his robe.

" The white stag is said to grant wishes to those who capture him. " - Continued Lucy. - " Oh, but let's not capture it! Poor animal. "

" Edmund decides. " - Started Peter. - " The western woods are his territory after all. The forest is his to take care and use at the manner he wishes. "

Edmund licked his lips. - " I say we go and find it. Not to hunt, but we ask nicely for him to grant us wishes. Narnia is a free land, and that applies the same for wishing animals. If he doesn't want to, we let it go. " - The king gave the final word.

" But don't worry, you girls stay in the castle. We'll get the stag ourselves. " - Edmund said as he grabbed Olivia's hand.

" Actually, I do worry. " - Olivia raised an eyebrow in response. She stood on the tip of her feet and kissed her fiancée's cheeks, before rushing to the stables.

" Last one to get to the stables is a rotten egg! " - She declared, giggling. They may be adults, but they never put aside their jokes and the young spirit.

Before they knew it, the five monarchs were chasing the white stag through the western woods. Olivia was secretly racing them all, letting her competitive side take over. That meant she was leading the group.

Suddenly, Edmund fell behind, due to the lack of air on Phillip's lungs.

" You alright, Phillip? "

" I'm not as young as I once was. "

" That's why I told you to stay at the castle, but back at the stables, you insisted on coming! " - exclaimed Olivia to the horse, suddenly appearing in sight. She was followed by the Pevensies, when Susan exclaimed:

" Come on, Ed. "

" Just catching my breath. " - He answered.

" Well, that's all we will catch at this rate. " - Answered the eldest.

" What did he say again, Susan? Lia? " - Lucy raised her eyebrows.

" You girls wait in the castle, we'll get the stag ourselves! " - Mocked Susan, making Olivia laugh.

" What's this? " - Asked Peter, his attention diverted to what they suddenly bumped into. They all got off their saddles, and went closer to a black lamppost.

" It seems familiar. " - said Peter.

" As if from a dream. Or a dream of a dream. " - Lucy quivered, her words made no sense in Olivia's head.

" Spare 'oom. " - Lucy widened her eyes, before running off.

" Lucy! " - called Olivia, following her.

" Not again. " - One of the Pevensies signed.

Suddenly, the found themselves trailing behind Lucy, who seemed to know the path by mind. Olivia found herself entranced by the beautiful autumn leaves that were falling and surrounding the monarchs.

Suddenly, the path was getting tighter, and they seemed to be walking through something fuzzy.

" Well, these aren't branches. " - Exclaimed Peter.

" They're coats. " - Realised Susan.

" Susan, you're on my foot! "

" Peter, move off! "

" Edmund, move! "

" Stop shoving! "

" I'm not on your toe! "

Suddenly, the doors of the wardrobe opened, making the five children fall to the wooden floor.

The children looked around, confused. They were back to their younger selves, in a familiar room.

The doorknob shaked, and the door opened, revealing an older man with round glasses.

" Oh. " - He said.

" Grandpa Kirke! " - Smiled Olivia, and she ran to hug her grandfather. That action left the Pevensies even more confused.

" Oh, hello. " - He smiled. - " What were you doing in the wardrobe? "

Olívia got out of his grasp, and she turned to look at the Pevensies.

" You wouldn't believe it if we told you, sir. " - Peter said.

The professor threw a cricket ball at the eldest, who easily caught it.

" Try me. " - He grinned.

" We were in Narnia, grandpa! " - Smiled Olivia, looking up at the family member.

But then, it clicked. She had received a warning. A warning from the high heavens. The lord of finality, Elpidios, had been spotted by the centaurs. The sky had told her. And then it became more clear than ever, that the Narnian sky was more connected to her than she realised.

—-👑—-

During the middle of the night, Lucy secretly wandered around the old mansion. She got to the spare room, and opened the doors of the wardrobe.

" You won't get back through that route. " - Said a deep voice from behind the girl. She turned to see the professor and Olivia, standing by the door. - " You see, I've already tried. "

" Will we ever go back? " - Questioned the younglin.

" Oh, I expect so. " - Smiled the professor. But his granddaughter came to stand by Lucy, and completed the professor's line.

" But it'll probably happen when you're not looking for it. " - Lucy smiled at the girl's saying. She grabbed her hand, and the professor said:

" All the same, best to keep your eyes open. "