Thirteen

" I've had enough

" I've had enough. "

OLIVIA CHARGED FIRST. The girl gathered all her anger, all her strength, and set it on her arms. Miraz shielded her attack, and she dodged the next blow.

Olivia was smart. She wouldn't need the strength. And so, she decided to play a little bit. Olivia used the ground in her favour, seeing as she jumped on top of rocks and the fallen pieces of the ruins. She stopped trying to attack.

Miraz started getting angry at the girl. She jumped and rolled and dodged. The man was furious, and his rage was only increasing, because he couldn't manage to kill a small girl.

" Missed me! Missed me again! " - She would taunt him.

One thing about Miraz that Caspian had told Olivia: when he got angry, he acted on impulse and didn't think straight. And he was right. Miraz was getting so furious, that he simply started swinging his sword left and right.

Olivia jumped from the small pedestal she was in, a simple movement, but the pedestal was high, and so the girl jumped over the Telmarine, and cut his back. Again. Miraz gasped in pain, and fell to one knee.

Olivia craved her sword on the man's other shoulder, the one holding the sword, and he yelled in pain again.

Miraz stood up quickly, and charged at the girl's face, and she barely dodged, and a small cut was placed on her cheek. And after that, Miraz started charging, and charging, and charging. He was blinded by fury. He wasn't going to be bested by a young damsel that played queen.

He hit her face with his shield, cut her left arm, kicked her stomach. Olivia fell over, and Miraz tried hitting her but she dodged again. She kicked him on the crotch, and both his hands moved to cover the part. And that was when he made his mistake, because the man was left defenceless.

She used her shield to his face. She punched his stomach, hit his head again but with the butt of her sword. Miraz managed to push her with his sword, but it went with a lot of strength, because Olivia then was sent against a wall, and she hit her back once again. She slided to the ground, and Miraz managed to recompose himself.

He tried hitting her, but Olivia used her shield to block it. He tried again, and this time, Olivia threw her body to the side and Miraz's blade got stuck in the rock Olivia had been leaning against.

He grabbed his sword back, and Olivia stood up from the ground. Miraz charged again, and this time, when Olivia defended herself using her shield, his attack had been very strong and her shield fell to the ground, which meant she now only had her sword. But, soon enough she had lost that too, because Miraz clashed his sword repeatedly, and eventually, her's flew away from her hand.

Now, Olivia was defenceless against a man who had a shield and a sword. But she was still confident. The girl didn't know if it was the adrenaline, or the pain, the cheers of the narnians, or Edmund desperately screaming her name, but something inside her churned, and she felt herself being blinded by a primal rage.

Miraz grinned, and ( literally ) tried to slash her in half. Olivia moved to her side, and grabbed Miraz's blade with her gloved hands. Miraz hit his shield against her stomach, and the girl fell to the ground.

Olivia spinned her body and stood back up. She grunted, before raising her leg and kicking Miraz's face. The man got startled for a second and took a few steps back, and Olivia had enough time to retrieve her sword.

" I've had enough. " - She declared.

The Warrior queen then ran at Miraz. She pretended to attack his legs, and when the man prepared his shield, Olivia elbowed the hand of the man that held the sword, and she grabbed his weapon.

With two swords now, Olivia charged at Miraz and plunged his own sword in his side.

Miraz stumbled on his feet, tripping and feeling as the air came out of his lungs.

" Respite! Respite! " - He begged as kneeled on the ground. The Narnians screamed and cheered as they saw their queen had won. Their warrior queen, their fierce protector, had saved Narnia.

Olivia grabbed the sword that was plunged in the Telmarine king's side, and moved it to rest against his neck. She was ready to kill him.

And with that, the Narnians started screaming ' kill him!' and ' No mercy! '

Olivia stared at Miraz, her eyes piercing through his soul. The king saw as she hesitated and asked:

" What's wrong? Too cowardly to take a life? " - He mocked.

" I'm not the one who should do it. " - Said Olivia. The girl raised her arm and adjusted her grip on the sword as she offered it to Caspian.

The Telmarine Prince slowly started walking forward. He took the sword that belonged to his uncle, and Olivia walked towards Peter and Edmund. She took her side in between the two boys, and offered Peter the sword she had been given for the duel. The Eldest Pevensie nodded, and gladly took the sword, and then handed Olivia her spear back, and safely placed it back in her saddle.

Caspian slowly raised his sword. He looked determined, as if the prince had been waiting for this his entire life.

" Perhaps I was wrong. " - The man told his nephew. - " Maybe you do have the makings of a Telmarine king after all. "

Caspian's hands slowly trembled, but he kept his fierce gaze on his uncle. The prince screamed, and instead of finishing his uncle, he plunged the sword on the ground in front of the man. ( At that moment, Olivia wanted to grab Caspian by the throat. )

" Not one like you. " - Caspian declared. Edmund and Olivia shared a look and joined their hands together. - " Keep your life. But I am giving the Narnians back their kingdom. "

Caspian walked back to the Pevensie boys and Olivia, the tears pooling in his eyes. They were about to walk back to the how when something got their attention.

One of Susan's arrows was plunged in Miraz's body, and lord Sopespian was the one holding him. The old Telmarine king fell to the ground, lifeless.

" Treachery! They shot him! They murdered our king! "