Eight

" Get that gate closed

" Get that gate closed. "

THE BATTLE HAD BEGUN. The Narnians charged furiously at the Telmarines, and Olivia did too. With all her anger and might, she screamed and slashed and stabbed every single Telmarine that passed her.

She and Peter fought side-by-side, unleashing their anger. One of Reepicheep's mice climbed to her shoulder, helping her by killing those who approached Olivia by the back, since the soldiers had noticed she was the best out of them all.

Susan was very smart, and she did not only use her arrows, but she used her bow, and looked gracious while fighting.

Soon enough, Olivia was filled with blood. Some of it wasn't even hers. But she did not see Edmund during the battle, and she was hoping that he was hiding.

" Archers! " - Someone yelled from the top, and a big line of archers appeared and started shooting the Narnians. Edmund was hiding on the roof right above the archers, and when he saw one aim at Olivia, who was fighting two soldiers, he went ahead and jumped on top of the archer, throwing him off the roof, which drew the attention to him.

" Ed! " - Olivia and Peter yelled at the same time. Soon enough, the archers were looking at him, and started aiming at the boy. He rushed to the nearest door, and at the moment he closed it, arrows came flying and hit the wood behind him.

Soon enough, Miraz came to view. He was on a balcony, watching as the battle inside the castle developed. A Minotaur spotted the man, and started rushing towards the balcony.

As soon as the Minotaur arrived, the leader of the army came and appeared beside Miraz, shooting the Minotaur in the chest. The creature grunted and fell, making Peter and Olivia stop in their tracks, wondering if they should head for Miraz.

" Get that gate closed. " - Ordered Miraz to the general.

The battle was going south. Edmund got stuck in a small tower, where he had only one exit, that led to the soldiers.  The other was falling.

Trumpkin fell from the tower he was in, making him pass out.

A soldier sneakily came to Olivia, and managed to leave a nasty cut on her leg. She grunted in pain, before killing the soldier.

As the gate was closing, a brave Minotaur headed for it, and held it with his bare hands, trying to keep the gate open long enough.

Peter saw as his army slowly crumbled, frozen, feeling helpless.

" Fall back! " He yelled as he lost hope. Olivia slashed the Telmarines on her way, looking for a centaur or a horse to help her get away.

" Retreat! " - Olivia yelled, reinforcing for the folk to leave. Susan came across Glenstorm, who helped her up his back.

" Caspian! " - Susan yelled to her brother, who responded saying he would find him.

Peter went across the field, reinforcing for people to leave, Olivia too. But, she was also killing as many as she could from the opposite side of the battle.

Edmund was saved by a gryphon, jumping off the balcony and landing on his back. Caspian heroically appeared from the stables, riding on one horse and having another one next to him.

Peter climbed on top of the other horse, next to Caspian, while the professor rode on Caspian's back. Arrows started being shot randomly at the battlefield below, and Olivia wasn't fast enough to leave the area.

Peter, luckily for Olivia, passed by her and grabbed her arm, and pulled her to the horse with him. She sheathed back her spear, and held on to Peter's waist.

The two horses made it out just in time, before the Minotaur fell to the ground, dead. Olivia began sobbing, and she ignored the throbbing and pain shooting up her leg.

The narnians gathered on the gate, desperately trying to flee. The scene shattered Olivia's heart, and she felt like she was slowly dying. Peter was stuck, seeing the scene pass before his eyes.

" Peter, Olivia, the bridge! " - Reepicheep yelled, drawing the attention. He rushed the horse up the bridge, before it closed completely.

The last thing Olivia heard was a creature yelling: " In the name of Aslan! ", before she was out of ears reach of the castle.

Edmund and his gryphon passed above Peter and Olivia's horse, and they headed back to the How.

—-🗡️—-

Lucy ran out of the how. She and the rest of the troops stayed behind and greeted an army half the size of what it had gone, and many injured people.

Everyone who wasn't gravely injured was by foot, while a few people who were seriously injured or even unconscious were on the backs of centaurs or riding horses.

Peter and Caspian were leading the way of a defeated army, with their heads facing the floor. Edmund had his arm wrapped around Olivia, helping her walk.

" What happened? " - Asked Lucy.

" Ask him. " - Snarled Peter, facing Caspian. Olivia was tired of arguing, and all she wanted was to rest.

" Peter. " - Warned Susan.

" Me. " - He sassed back.

" You could have called it off. There was still time. " - Caspian countered.

" No, there wasn't, thanks to you. If you kept the plan, those soldiers might be alive now. " - Peter said, advancing towards Caspian.

" If you'd stayed here like I suggested, they definitely would be! "

" You called us, remember? " - Countered Peter.

" My first mistake. " - Sassed Caspian.

" No. Your first mistake was thinking you could lead these people. " - Peter was heading back inside the how, when Caspian yelled and stopped him in his tracks.

" Hey! I am not the one who abandoned Narnia. " - Peter started walking back to Caspian, even more angry than before.

" You invaded Narnia. You have no more right to lead than Miraz does. " - Caspian brushed past Peter and headed for the how, when Peter finished. - " You, him, your father... Narnia's better without the lot of you. " - Caspian screamed and drew his sword, and Peter copied the movement.

" Stop it! " - Screamed Olivia, limping and heading for the two boys. Edmund held onto her tightly. - " You two are being immature and irrational! Look at that! Doesn't matter who screwed up, the plan failed! We lost half of our soldiers, and came back with many injured. Stop acting like two babies right now, your job is to cooperate and lead these people together! " - She signed.

Suddenly, a faun came rushing in, holding an unconscious Trumpkin. He delicately left the dwarf on the ground, and Edmund clutched tightly to his fiancée.

Caspian walked back to the how, with the black-bearded dwarf following him. Olivia looked at a crying female centaur, crying that she realised her husband wasn't coming back.

They all had a long day, and everybody walked back inside the how.