Ten

" They're here

" They're here. "

OLIVIA HAD RUN AWAY AFTER EDMUND. She had got to their room, where Edmund was sitting on the bed and staring at the ground. Olivia looked at the boy, and he seemed absolutely destroyed. It broke her heart to see him like that.

Edmund looked at the girl standing in the doorway, biting her lip and looking as if she was about to cry. He stood up, and she ran to his arms as he embraced her. He rested his head on her shoulder, and kissed her shoulder.

" I'm sorry. " - She whispered, her voice trembling. Olivia felt so guilty, as if she had committed a war crime. She loved Edmund so much, and saw that hurt in his eyes after seeing the witch was a knife to her heart.

" It's not your fault. " - He murmured on her shoulder as she wrapped her arms tightly around his neck.

Olivia knew how Edmund was insecure after everything that had happened with the witch. She knew that the sight of the woman had killed him on the inside, reminding the boy of the mistakes he made in the past. Betraying his siblings, Aslan, betraying Narnia. He knew about the rumours and whispers that ran along the crowd, of the traitor king of Narnia. The boy always tried his best to be the most noble king Narnia had ever seen. He tried. But it wasn't enough. And that was just another reminder for him.

Olivia stood there, with her arms wrapped around the boy as she cursed herself for being so foolish and falling under the witch's spell.

" Your mistakes are in the past, Edmund. " - She murmured. - " She isn't real. She isn't there. The witch is dead. She is gone, and that, what we just saw, was nothing. It was just that stupid dwarf, Nikabrik, playing tricks with her old wand. "

" There is no erasing the past. But there is a future. Don't let her get into your mind, because you are the greatest king Narnia has ever seen. " - She said, gently placing her hands on both his cheeks as he raised his head.

Edmund smiled, and that speech had calmed him. Olivia reminding him that it was all in the past, was everything he needed to hear.

He kissed her forehead. - " I love you. " - He murmured against her skin.

" I love you more. "

—-🤍—-

Edmund and Olivia were sleeping. It had been a tiring day, and it was good to rest for a couple hours. They were dreaming happy dreams and resting in the other's warmth and embrace when they got startled by Trufflehunter the Badger barging into their room.

" Your majesties! Your majesties! " - The creature yelled.

Edmund, who didn't know who it was, jumped off the bed and grabbed his sword, and stood defensively in front of Olivia, who was sitting up and was rubbing her eyes due to her sleepiness.

Edmund relaxed when he saw it was just Trufflehunter, and lowered his sword. The boy ran his hand to adjust his messy hair from just waking up, and asked the Badger:

" What happened, Trufflehunter? " - The boy tried not to sound rude or harsh, but he was a bit angry due to the sudden visit to his room.

" The Telmarines. " - Said the Badger as he fussed with his paws. - " They're here. "

—-🤍—-

Edmund and Olivia rushed back to the stone table. There, Peter and Lucy were sat, having a conversation in which Edmund and Olivia hadn't payed attention.

" Pete? You'd better come quickly. " - Spoke Edmund.

They rushed to a small open view of the howl, where Caspian already stood there and many narnians watched too from the ground level. The sight was horrendous, many Telmarines in a formation charging towards the howl.

Each soldier was armed with a big shield and big spears and swords, wearing silver masks and helmets and heavy armour to protect them. They also brought Catapults, massive catapults.

Soon, the Pevensies and Caspian and Olivia watched in desperation as the army, at least twice the size of theirs, made their way through the grass in front of Aslan's howl.

Miraz took a highlight in that massive crowd. Instead of silver, he wore a golden mask, armour, and helmet while riding a white horse.

" Meeting. Now! " - Declared Olivia, and they all rushed back inside.

—-🤍—-

" Cakes and Kettledrums. That's your next big plan? Sending a little girl into the darkest parts of the forest? Alone! " - Exclaimed Trumpkin as he pointed towards Lucy.

They were in a relatively small room. Glenstorm, the Pevensies, Caspian, Trumpkin ,Trufflerhunter, Reepicheep and Olivia were all present. Peter was leaning against the table in the middle of the room, while Edmund sat on the stairs a little bit hidden from sight.

" It's our only chance. " - Defended the high king.

" And she won't be alone. " - Added Susan.

Olivia stepped forward, and took the necklace off her neck. She looked at the lion pendant in her hands, and closed her fingers around it before looking up and saying:

" This necklace will also aid them on their journey. As long as Lucy wears this, she will find him. " - Olivia walked forward, before wrapping the necklace around Lucy's neck. The younglin smiled, and hugged Olivia.

Trumpkin then went forward to Lucy. He looked at her with tears pooling in his eyes, his face a mix of desperation and anger.

" Haven't enough of us died already? " - He asked.

" Nikabrik was my friend too. But he lost hope. Queen Lucy hasn't. And neither have I. " - Spoke Trufflehunter.

Then, a low sound of a sword unsheathing caught everyone's attention. - " For Aslan. " - Said Reepicheep the mouse, raising his sword.

" For Aslan! " - Continued a bear.

" Then I'm going with you. " - Said Trumpkin.

" No. We need you here. " - Said the youngest.

" We have to hold them off until Lucy and Susan get back. " - Said Peter.

" If I may, " - Spoke Caspian from the corner of the room. - " Miraz May be a tyrant and a murderer, but as king, he is subject to the traditions and expectations of his people. There is one in particular that may be us some time. "