MIL Essay

Media Information Literacy

COVID-19 Updates
As of yesterday, 4:35 pm, 20 November 2022, Philippines recorded 18,864 active cases: Asymptomatic 6,949, Mild 11,424‬, Severe 366, Critical 125 (DOH Laging Handa Briefing). These according to the Department of Health website issued on their Laging Handa Briefing online update. From the COVID-19 pandemic: Latest situation in the Philippines DOH bulletin- November to December 2022, The Philippines remains at low risk for COVID-19, enough for the government to lift the mandatory mask policy in both outdoor and indoor settings, require full return to in-person classes, and to further ease travel restrictions for people entering the country. And because of the said remarks of the covid situation in the country, Malacañang has approved the recommendation by the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) to further ease travel restrictions for people entering the Philippines especially for our kababayan's who were vaccinated already.

The Department of Health continued to remind the Filipino people to wear mask especially in the crowded area despite of the Malacañang pronouncement that face mask is optional.

https://www.covid19.gov.ph

K to 12
The K to 12 Program covers Kindergarten and 12 years of basic education (six years of primary education, four years of Junior High School, and two years of Senior High School [SHS]) to provide sufficient time for mastery of concepts and skills, develop lifelong learners, and prepare graduates for tertiary education, middle-level skills development, employment, and entrepreneurship. Every Filipino child now has access to early childhood education through Universal Kindergarten. At 5 years old, children start schooling and are given the means to slowly adjust to formal education. Research shows that children who underwent Kindergarten have better completion rates than those who did not.

Children who complete a standards-based Kindergarten program are better prepared, for primary education. It was in 2013 when RA 10533 became a law. This law is known as the Enhanced Basic Education Act of 2013. It was popularly called K to 12 because the act, (RA 10533), enhanced the Philippine Basic Education System by strengthening its curriculum and increasing the number of years for basic education.

Filipino Culture and Traditions
According to Jim Morrison, the Philippine culture defines interesting peculiarities of the Philippines from all worlds. Wealth inhabits it very contradictory and more prominent than other countries (2019). The Philippines has many legacies of traditional art customs and spoken languages. The country has countless museums that collect accounts for the vast historical and customary changes of the nation with museum and gallery churches found in all of the Philippine Islands and found in key cities that are the opposite of the province. The Filipino Culture and Traditions in the Philippines has quite unique and diverse in many manners. However, the best common thing that Filipino culture and tradition has is the hospitality. One of the famous and classic Filipino culture and tradition that we're famous of is our bayanihan spirit. The iconic "buhat bahay" image was known to be the classic Filipino tradition that we are proud of.

Each province has a dance of its customs showing the elegant style of Filipino dance and the beauty of its people. They also follow their interesting traditions and have techniques for celebrating their customary practices through parties and events. Filipinos naturally love art, and they can reflect certain historical events through poetry paintings of songs and writings.

Typhoon Paeng Hits the Philippines
Typhoon Paeng, a severe tropical storm, devastated the Philippines over three days in late October. Millions worth of agricultural products and infrastructure were destroyed due to flooding and landslides, which claimed the lives of more than 150 people. Forecasters stated at 11am on Wednesday (October 26) that the typhoon, locally codenamed Paeng, could form into tropical storm category No. 4 in the next 24 hours. Residents are advised to get updates from Pagasa, the Philippine weather bureau. The Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) last spotted tropical storm Paeng 155 kilometers (km) east-northeast of Borongan City, Eastern Samar or 245 km east-southeast of Catarman, Northern Samar.

The aftermath scenes after the gushing of floodwaters and landslide, caused by the heavy rains due to Typhoon Paeng was extremely devastating. In Sition Lomboy, Awang in Datu Ofin Sinsuat, Maguindanao, the onslaught of the Typhoon Paeng happened at around 7:30am were on of the areas most affected of the strom.

www.rappler.com/nation/weather/forecast-track-impact-r…

The Releases of Iphone 14 Pro Max
The release of Iphone 14 pro Max in the Philippines was a blockbuster. People were absolutely obsessed that they waited more or least 41 hours. According to Rappler, the first pinoy who purchased Iphone 14 was Joey Reyes from Cebu. Reyes was thrilled to be the very first pinoy owner of the new phone purchased in the country. Reyes waited in line for a total of 41 hours- starting from 7 am, October 12- for the launch of the latest iphone at the Power Mac Center in Greenbelt 3 in Makati.

Here's the official price list of the iPhone 14 Pro Max in Philippines: ₱77,990.00 for (6GB/128GB) variant, ₱84,990.00 for (6GB/256GB), ₱96,990.00 for (6GB/512GB) and ₱109,990.00 for (6GB/1TB) storage. It comes in 4 colors combination, the same as the pro version.

After sseing the price list, is it worth it to buy a new Iphone 14 Pro max? it is valuable to fall in line and spend 20 to 41 hours just to buy the new craze sale phone? Fro some, yes while for others is it not. Well, we have a lot of different kinds of opinion regarding to this event but the bottomline of this, and I'm sure everyone will agree, that everyone has it's own freedom to buy anything out of there own pocket, but it is also good to understand that when we buy something, we make it sure that we don't flooded with debt.