Who am I (CW)

It was a day like any other, or so I thought. I woke up early, put on my shirt and tick-tack shoe, and headed to school for my grade 11 module. But as I walked through the gates, I could sense that something was different. There was a buzz in the air, a feeling of excitement mixed with apprehension. The day when I took my module during my grade 11 at the start of limited face to face was unforgettable. When I entered the room while it's million degrees outside, I felt a mix of nerves and anticipation. I can discern through the student's eyes of their confusion thinking that I might be their new teacher, It's probably because of my age. Those students doesn't know me yet used to greet me "good morning sir". Teachers even thought I was there new colleague saying "are you a new teacher?", I smiled back with my answer "No ma'am, I am a new student". I want to share with you the story of my journey towards education. It has not been an easy road, but it has been a rewarding one.

My parents got separated the reason why I came in Dumaguete City in 2003, I faced with the challenge of continuing my education despite the many obstacles in my path. Though I was a working student, I found myself surrounded by negative influences that almost caused me to fail my high school education. With the help of my adviser and teachers, I was able to graduate with a final average of 77%. Due to my poor academic performance, I wasn't able to enroll right away into college that lead me to worked in a construction. It wasn't until when I got married 10 years later, after my wife graduated from college that I was inspired to continue my own education. I decided to enroll in the Nursing course at NORSU, but was told by the registrar that I needed to go through senior high school as the prerequisite in college.

My determination pushed me to continue my education, I enrolled in senior high school and surprised my family and friends with my decision. It hasn't been easy balancing school and work, but with the help of the Lord and the support of my loved ones, I am now in grade 12 and on my way to finishing senior high school.

My family's journey has been full of hardships, but we have all persevered and succeeded in our own ways. And through it all, I have found solace in my faith and belief in Jesus, who has guided me through the darkest moments of my life. I believe that "life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards" I tried and failed but I never failed to tried.