‣𝟕

╒══。

╒══。.。。.。══❑══❑═══。..。═══╕

The game of perception is cruel- choose wisely.
Factual perception will bring you entirety whereas,
Failed perception might gift you death.

╘══。.。。.。══❑══❑══。.。。.。══╛

Author's pov

Taehyung sat on the couch placed in the living area of his mansion. A fog encircled him as he continued smoking. Puffing out, his gaze flickered to each corner of the place. The vast mansion, which he owned but never stayed in it. He never felt this place as home, but didn't despise the place either, he was oddly attached to it- for some unknown reasons and of course meeting with the love of his life was one of those.

His deserted eyes were stuck on a photo frame nailed right in front of him. He felt nothing watching his brother smiling toothily with all the orphan kids surrounding him. His year's back happy face flashed in front of Taehyung's eyes, why not? He was the one to take this picture at that time.

He chuckled sardonically remembering how close they used to be back then. But now, he hates his brother to the core. His mention itself thrashes his mood and today was no exception. He ripped his gaze away from the photo frame in fury and continued smoking, and the fog evaporated in the air making the bubbling memories of them feel like a dream to him.

To distract himself from the inner chaos, he thought of doing what he had planned to do. His face snapped at his bedroom door inside of which his wife was sound asleep, the room was up the stairs but was visible enough.

Today's sour talk with Elle occupied his mind like a slow poison, no way helping his scattered state of mind. But he could not expect anything less than this- being in a cursed village will of course tangle his life as well.

He sighed knowing he had to make it up to Elle. And he always knew the ways- indubitably, the apology was a non-existent entity in his patching-up session because he believed he had requested his lovely wife to not step out of the mansion. But she was stubborn to the bone.

Chuckling, he shoved the burned cigarette into the ashtray.

"Nonetheless, I will make it up to my woman," Taehyung whispered ogling the way upstairs. giving a blind eye to all the nerve-wracking things his wife does, he always stepped down first knowing how stubborn she is and feared receiving her cold shoulder.

Not that, he was the innocent one and she was the irking being. She was always an understanding and wise wife but Taehyung's cruel ways of tackling the situations- the same he did today always were the roots of their heated argument and soreness. Nonetheless, the couple knew how to make it up to each other, at last.

He watched his wristwatch and cursed under his breath knowing Elle might be awake very soon. He contemplated if he should have asked the maid to give Elle a bit higher dose of sedative instead of a lower one. Taehyung feared that she might wake up while he would become barbaric once again and it would close all of the doors of patching up. But the things he will do is needed for her safety. He can't stand to witness her in such a miserable state once again.