‣𝟏𝟒

╒═══。

╒═══。.。。.══❑══❑═══。..════╕

An unspoken truth,
things that look alike contrast the most.

╘═══。.。。.。══❑══❑═══。.。。.。═══╛

Elle's pov

I was smiling. Finally delighted after so long. The series of revelations and troubles made me forget I was a human, a normal human who can be happy.

My reason to feel pleasant was the innocent faces looking at me with contagious smiles which painted my face with a smile as well.

The boy with ebony hair and a petite figure thanked me before accepting the clothes I was offering him. I patted his hair and felt a pang in my heart when my mind pressed on the fact that we both were orphans. There is no one we can look upon as a guardian.

Indeed, I have a very supportive husband who will always stand by my side but still, I feel the emptiness of the shadow above me, which would shove all the problems away from me even before they touch a single strand of my hair.  And the worst is I don't even remember them — our family moments, my childhood and our last meet... everything was trapped inside me yet I don't know anything, how ironic.

My still stare was disturbed when another boy stood in front of me. I smiled at him and placed another set of clothes in his hands. He bowed to me with so much enthusiasm and giggled all way to his friends and waved the new pair of new clothes he received.

I wandered my eyes to every corner of the garden, to make sure each of the children received new clothes or not. What I only witnessed was their face glowing with happiness to receive new clothes after so long or maybe never. I must thank Taehyung to bring new clothing for the children. He said that there was a function in the orphanage and the children were sad about not having something new to wear. So, he willingly brought the clothes alongside some delicious food.

My heart swelled with pride knowing how Taehyung cared for the vulnerable and needful. A few minutes of encounter with these angels brought peace to my days of restlessness. Involuntarily my right hand when to my stomach. Maybe once we get back to our home safely we should plan for a baby. The thought itself twinkle a curiosity in my heart. I'll talk about this to Taehyung as soon as we go back.

But when?

I sighed and leaned onto the chair I was sitting in – waiting for Taehyung. He had something important to discuss with the manager of the orphanage. Maybe about the maintenance and well-being of the orphanage. I received a missed call from Taehyung.